The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Riots in Dublin

Home Forums Lounge Riots in Dublin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Oh dear and I’m hoping to move to Dublin soon :(

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Whoever sanctioned this march should be sacked. Why on earth would you let a controversial march take place in a republican stonghold area (around parnell square), and on a building site. Its just crazy. The thugs had ample missiles prvided for them as O Connell St is being refurbished and is in a mess anyway. The gardai couldnt contain the crowd as the road is obstructed by steel fencing as the redevelopment takes place.

It beggars belief.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

What riot ??

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

,rather than the sectarian garbage that goes on during july.

They had planned to carry the picture of Robert McConnell who was a dual member of the Ulster Defence Regiment and Ulster Volunteer Force. He murdered scores of Catholics in the 1970s.<br>He played a part in the 1974 Dublin and Monaghan bombings in which 33 people died. Twenty-six died in the Dublin attack. The mass murderer was shot dead by the IRA in 1976.

Anyway.

I heard that the riot was actually a result of the death of a young man from Inner city in his prison cell two days prior to the march. The Prison said that he had commited suicide. People who knew him said that he displayed  no suicidal tendancys. The prison completely refurbished the cell within two days of the alleged suicide.  Gangs of inner city youths who knew him took the advantage of the Garda presence to vent.

(Edited by Nixer at 3:24 pm on Mar. 1, 2006)

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 2:31 pm on Feb. 27, 2006[br]Oh dear and I’m hoping to move to Dublin soon :( <br>

Wouldn’t worry about it. Once of and minor.

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

(Edited by Nixer at 4:08 pm on Mar. 1, 2006)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.