The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reynoldstown 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Reynoldstown 2012

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

I think the market has now got this right. Silviniaco Conti should take this and then bypass Cheltenham and go to Ireland.

With Cheltenham in mind the big question will be whether Bobs Worth can improve his safe, but pretty ponderous jumping.

Think Invictus has been pushed this way because they didn’t wise up quickly enough that Walkon wasn’t good enough for the Jewson. Never travelled or jumped for Hutchinson and could be he goes better for Thornton. Pocket is hoping he is confirmed as a non stayer – he didn’t finish at Cheltenham – and will be re-routed to the original plan.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Shame that Join Together isn’t running as i was hoping to have a look at his RSA credentials, as i hadn’t actually seen him run yet, but his form looks good, and of course, Nicholls & Walsh partnership at Cheltenham is to be taken seriously.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28408

With Cheltenham in mind the big question will be whether Bobs Worth can improve his safe, but pretty ponderous jumping.

Bobs Worth certainly needs to improve if he’s to go close at Cheltenham. May be the oporation hasn’t been entirely successful. However, Cheltenham will suit him much better. Needs a test at 3 miles and possibly best left-handed too (jumped a little right there).

Value Is Everything
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Well done to Zarkava who has been touting Invictus as an RSA horse lately.

I still think Bobs worth has a big chance in the RSA. Whenever his jumping falls into place he’ll take some stopping. His running style is very similar to First Lieutenant and it would be no surprise to see those two fight out the RSA finish.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28408

Good shout by Stilvi too identify a good novice and still might go back in trip.

Value Is Everything
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Thanks, thehorsesmouth. Still don’t understand the RSA market though. Should be 4/1 for my money and Bob’s Worth 9/1, not 12s and 7s.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Good shout by Stilvi too identify a good novice and still might go back in trip.

Appreciated, I was the first person on here to mention the horse on the initial Jewson thread when I put him up alongside the current ante-post favourite but that kind of thing sometimes goes unnoticed amongst the bravado from some quarters.

Yes, who knows he may drop back in trip as I don’t think he would want a slog over three miles round Cheltenham – he isn’t short of pace. If it came up soft he may not run at all.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7066

Well done to Zarkava and Stivl but i think i was the first person to mention INVICTUS on the forum. on page 89 in the gone fishing thread.

Though i not to sure of him winning RSA because this race has a bad record of RSA winners i read it somewhere.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Jesus, Darren, the whole world and his dog has known about Invictus since December, stop blowing your own trumpet. I don’t think you even mentioned a specific target. You can’t just mention every single horse in training and then say you were first to talk about him.

Alan King said the following; "Walkon is going to have to step up in trip and

I don’t think this fellow wants to be going back

, so they both might end up in the RSA."

Very happy with my 66s for the RSA post-commission.

Steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5783

Zarkava’s confidence persuaded me to bet Invictus today – a superb spot, imo,and a very convincing argument. I read the he twisted a shoe last time which was the final piece in the jigsaw for me: he looks a fine prospect wherever he goes. Well done Zark

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Thank you, Roy (??). Every year I seem to have at least 2 horses I’ve picked out at a huge price. Managed to snaffle 50s-75s on Zarkandar & Captain Chris at 20s last year and vividly remember getting an each-way double up the year before with Arcalis at 50s and Najaf at 25s. This year I’ve got Rubi Light at 25s (thanks to another poster on here I hasten to add) and Invictus at 66s. In fact the very vast majority of my bets are all trading at a shorter price than I got. Only Captain Chris trading bigger. Very happy.

I still think he’s fantastic value at 12s personally. Has the 6yo stat to defy, but he’s had the best prep of any horse in the betting and has excellent Cheltenham breeding (Flemensfirth).

The last 48 RSA winners had run the same year and the amount of horses that have fallen down on that stat is just remarkable. It makes a lot of sense. The RSA is a gruelling test of stamina, and you’ve not had a recent run, you’re going to be lacking on fitness levels.

2002, Maximize unplaced
    2005, Comply or Die 2nd, Like A Butterfly unplaced
    2006, Darkness 3rd, Bold Bishop, Back In Front, Zabenz & Bewleys Berry unplaced
    2007, Ungaro unplaced
    2009, What A Friend & Gone To Lunch unplaced
    2011, Time For Rupert unplaced

Grands Crus, Join Together and First Lieutenant are the big 3 that’ll try to defeat that stat this year, but a Bob’s Worth/Invictus RFC looks like an extremely good bet to me.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1890

For some reason, although I didn’t bet on Invictus, I thought he was a brother or half-brother to that crack, but relatively inexperienced young horse trained by Martin Pipe, which fell and died in the Gold Cup, one year.

Yet when I checked in the RP, his breeding was nothing like as distinguished. But he sure won well enough.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7066

I did not mention a target but was talking about him before his win at Plumpton even made a thread for that race he won.How many novice chasers have i mention this season not a lot SDC is the other so am not blowing my own trumpet.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.