The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Reg Griffin Memorial 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Reg Griffin Memorial 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I have backed Parisien Pyramid twice this season and lost,on both occassions i got a good run for my money! What i like about this colt is he is progressing all the time, he is still the unfinished article but he is handicapped to run a big race tommorrow! Two of his opponents he faces have beaten him, Proclaim and Coleorton choice but Parisien is weighted
    to reverse the form with both to the tune of 10lb and 9lb respectively, i have backed him at 12 on Betfair and 10/1 e/w with Ladbrokes! I will be dissapointed if he cant finish in the 1st 4 at least!! Franny Norton is a good booking as he responds to strong handling!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Surprise, surprise: it’s a sprint, and the self-styled ‘King’ takes another blind stab at another Dandy Nicholl’s runner. :roll:
    With the ground drying out by the minute, he may find these going too fast for him, and might be pushed to confirm a tenuous 1l advantage over Proclaim on 1lb worse terms.
    Whatever happens, they’ll both struggle to contain the highly promising Master Of Disguise, who absolutely laughed at the good horse Noble Storm on his latest outing, and looks nailed on to improve again for the extra furlong of today’s race.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

It just happens that a sprint is the big race of the day today, last Saturday and next Saturday. What do you expect us to do – ignore them?

Actually, am going to ignore it as I’m going to work. Would make a selection, but I would get criticised for backing yet another Fahey runner.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Gerald, I think you’ve rather missed the point.
    It isn’t that it’s a sprint, (Not that last Satturday’s Derby was one, either), it’s the fact that TAPK’s sole selection method in these races seems to be blindly backing anything Dandy runs in them.

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gerald, I think you’ve rather missed the point.
    It isn’t that it’s a sprint, (Not that last Satturday’s Derby was one, either), it’s the fact that TAPK’s sole selection method in these races seems to be blindly backing anything Dandy runs in them.

REET and the fact that i win! Tax Free, Inxile, Valery Borzov, Machinist Indian Trail and whatever happens today, mark my words Parisien will be a 4yo not to mess with even if you proclaim to be "Reet Hard" Just point out
    where i have actually picked the wrong one of Dandys? Strange seems i always manage to get it right! The Wokingham will test me mind, but i am sure i can find "Something" should they run! Good luck with your selection!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Inxile was disqualified in France and won his last race at 2/5, and you didn’t even put Indian Trail up, but the fact that you’re clinging to your affection for Dandy Nicholls as a means of justifying your own hype is sad and amusing in equal measure.

When I looked at this race last night I settled on Macdillon following his promising run behind Shamwari Lodge last time, but Master Of Disguise really did muller the opposition at Sandown and the form couldn’t have worked out better.

I’m in two minds, but will likely reduce my stake on the former and draft in a reverse forecast for the purposes of interest.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Dark Mischief – very impressive in a hot race at the Craven meeting first time up before disappointing at Salisbury. Been rested before this meeting and with hopefully drying ground and a decent jockey and draw he is the selection for me. Taken 12/1 about him with Ladbrokes this morning and hhis trainer knows his stuff when it comes to sprinters :)

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Swiss Diva for me.

This one is slowly moving up the classes and has been primed to run a big race in a handicap like this.

Coleorton Choice & Sloop Johnb can follow Swiss Diva home.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Sorry Gord, Got you again :lol:

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Halfway, i have said it before,You know your horses mate, Well done!
    i am chuffed to bits with "Parisian" he ran his race still showing greeness!
    His time will come as a 4yo!

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

He’s shaping up like he’ll win really soon. He’s ran two cracking races in a week for Dandy and, dare I say it, could he be an Ayr Gold Cup type?

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

He’s shaping up like he’ll win really soon. He’s ran two cracking races in a week for Dandy and, dare I say it, could he be an Ayr Gold Cup type?

You Devil!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Great stuff H2H – hope you had an absolute chunk on :)

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Great stuff H2H – hope you had an absolute chunk on :)

Thanks IS :D

Only a small amount but the odds were decent enough to give a good payout :lol:

Next stop Ascot!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Good call, hth. 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Wasn’t it just….those two should fight out these sprints everytime…..we could get rich on RFC’s :lol:

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Halfwaytoheaven,i remember a year ago you doing me with Swiss Diva after i had selected Parisien Pyramid! well today i am as confident about

Victoire de Lyphard

at 10/1! Fancy your chances again? :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.