The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ref: Prediction Leagues

Home Forums Horse Racing Ref: Prediction Leagues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    letsgoggracing
    • Total Posts 12

Hi there Guys,

I have just recently launched my new website which is below in my signatures, hopefully if you have a chance please take a look.
    There are Horse Racing Prediction Leagues and competitions etc…

Thanks very much and I hope I am fine to write this, I have made previous posts already on the forum.

Please leave me feedback if you don’t mind.

Regards

Mark

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

No comment!

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi there Guys,

I have just recently launched my new website which is below in my signatures, hopefully if you have a chance please take a look.
    There are Horse Racing Prediction Leagues and competitions etc…

Thanks very much and I hope I am fine to write this, I have made previous posts already on the forum.

Please leave me feedback if you don’t mind.

Regards

Mark

Your scoring system is flawed.

It’s simple really, your format means the more predictions you make the more likey you will be top of the league because for some strange reason you offer people 1 point for making a prediction.

The leader in the footy come currently has 24 points from 12 selections. Yet I have looked at the matches you can predict on and there must be about 70 in total.

So if I predicted a home result in all 70 matches, I would fly to the top of the table – yet I won’t have used any skill whatsoever :roll:

This is because, 70 predictions gets me 70 points (1 point per prediction). Even if only 20 home teams won, that would then take me to 130 points (3 points for a correct prediction) and then I would go back to 80 points for my 50 incorrect predictions (-1 point per incorrect prediction). That 80 points is far greater than the currently leader got as he only made 12 selections :lol:

It’s quite simple really – don’t give any points for making a selection and then you might have something. Based on this, I would have only scored 10 points and despite me making 70 selections compared to the leader who has only made 12, I would be way behind him, thus making the skill in predicting the correct results has far more emphasis than just clicking on the home team for as many predictions as you like.

Good luck

Mike

letsgoggracing
    • Total Posts 12

Thanks for this feedback Mike, much appreciated mate. As per e-mail discussion.

Regards

Mark

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Thanks for this feedback Mike, much appreciated mate. As per e-mail discussion.

Regards

Mark

Your welcome Mark,

And I did post the above before you explained in more detail to me via email – so a lot more is clearer now. If you insist on giving people a point for making a prediction, then simply take 2 points off for anyone who gets a prediction wrong, thus eliminating the fact that the more predictions you make, the more points you get, as that really shouldn’t be the case.

Good luck, and it was nice chatting to you via email.

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.