The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ref: Has anyone heard of……………

Home Forums Horse Racing Ref: Has anyone heard of……………

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    letsgoggracing
    • Total Posts 12

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of the trainer R Johnson in Newburn Tyne & Wear?

It is a small yard with by what looks like some good facilitities witht he odd winner or place being kicked out.

Does anybody know where you can get contact details for stables?

Mark

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Personally, I try not to remember the too many nights spend in the Newburn Arms – I feel rough just thinking about it. :wink: A bit classier than the Benwell, but not much :D

For R Johnson try here

http://www.rwjohnsonracing.co.uk/

letsgoggracing
    • Total Posts 12

Excellent mate, thanks.

Where is the Newburn Arms, I never heard of that?

Mark

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Mark, if you out of Newcastle along Scotty Road, passed Scotwoods Bridge, when you get to Newburn turn left after traffic lights and the Pub is on the bottom right hand corner. If you turn right there and go about 500 yards Jonhson’s gallops are behind the Leisure Center on the left (I think).

I was up there for about a year and had a great time…still recovering…. :shock:

letsgoggracing
    • Total Posts 12

Hey guys what do you think about this tonight at newcastle?

Hope you all followed my tip along time ago when I said continue to follow the trainer R Johnson – The local trainer from the North East

Newcastle 7.35 Full Result

1st 8 Dechiper[/color:3b2jy0hs] (IRE) 4-1

2nd 6 Red Chairman[/color:3b2jy0hs] 10-1

3rd 2 Neil’s Legacy (IRE) 7-1

1st and 2nd in this race tonight hahaha It makes me laugh. He is on FIRE!!!!!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

The enthusiasm in Bob Johnson is touching, although please bear in mind that him and his son / assistant Kenny have been training for well over a decade now, for the greater part “enjoying” far thinner seasons than even this (which isn’t all that impressive taken as a whole). There’s still an awful lot of dross in his yard, especially over the jumps, where the overall quality of his string hasn’t really strengthened that much year in year out, bar the odd special performance from Joe Haywood’s special friend Bob’s Buster.

Bob’s 2007 record on the Flat stands at five winners, a 10% strike rate and a 5pt loss to a £1 win stake on all runners, more or less exactly the same as his overall tally for 2005; and whilst July and August’s tally admittedy accounts for all those winners and a level stakes profit of 24pts, there have been only three other months in Bob’s entire Flat training career (which started in early 2005) in which he has returned a profit.

…Statistics which, on balance, leave me wanting to see a more sustained upturn in fortunes before I start regarding him as one to follow especially regularly.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)
    [/list]

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

is he based in newcastle or near newcastle :? my friend tried to get a job with him i’m sure she said somewhere in newcastle hmmm :?

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

NEIL’S LEGACY!!!!!! I’VE RIDDEN HER! sorry just got excited there :oops: she’s doing quite well though, mystical ayr her stable mate is very similar to her i think she is slightly better :?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

NEIL’S LEGACY!!!!!! I’VE RIDDEN HER! sorry just got excited there :oops: she’s doing quite well though, mystical ayr her stable mate is very similar to her i think she is slightly better :?

Are you a jockey now RP, do you want to divulge more about yourself 8)

Mike

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

i was only saying, i’m a very excitable person and very passionate about what i do and i show it!! there is always someone that tries to put you down :roll: and no i’m not a jockey i ride out for a trainer to answer ur question! :evil:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

i was only saying, i’m a very excitable person and very passionate about what i do and i show it!! there is always someone that tries to put you down :roll: and no i’m not a jockey i ride out for a trainer to answer ur question! :evil:

Wow, talk about getting the wrong end of the stick!

Why the hell is asking you if you are a jockey perceived as trying to put you down :lol:

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

it’s not what you say it’s the way you say it

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

it’s not what you say it’s the way you say it

:lol:

I’ve heard it all now – next time I will put it in italics perhaps, then maybe that means I am saying it in another way.

For crying out loud lighten up – I asked you if you were a jockey, nothing wrong with that surely. If you refused to answer then fine, but to accuse me of trying to put you down is laughable, therefore I will leave you be as I have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than get into a petty arguement.

Take care 8)

Mike

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

hmmm already looks like you did get yourself into a petty argument and i’m sorry if i took it the wrong way but that’s just the way i saw it, it was like you were impyling i was making it up :? You could have just asked if i was a jockey end off….but if i did get the wrong end of the stick then i’m sorry and i will let it go ok cause theres no need for the atmosphere everytime i fancy a discussion on here
    i don’t want to argue either! :cry:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.