The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Red Onion and Goats Cheese

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Red Onion and Goats Cheese

Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Incredulous to the fact Restless Harry is not favourite at the first shows for the Graduation Chase tomorrow.

Needs to go back left handed and up in trip, grade one 3 mile hurdler last year and a grade two winner at Haydock he should simply outclass the field tomorrow in receipt of 7lbs from all bar the outsider, will relish the soft ground also. Not seen the best of him over fences yet.

Not many prices through yet, Paddypower go 2/1 365 9/4

Fill your boots 2/1 or a above.

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Lingfield 1.00

1pt win

Squad

@ 7/1 365, paddypower (bog)

Not a great looking contest, wasn’t helped by slow pace last time out and this looks an easier contest with a likely stronger gallop.

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Well Restless Harry certainly proved my confidence well placed as he romped away winning 5/4f. I’m glad to see him back on track he is a horse I have a little soft spot for having followed him very closely as a novice hurdler backing him when a narrow 2nd in the Challow and when romping away with the a Neptune Hurdle at Cheltenham the race after his Challow effort. He was simply one of the bets of the season that day with 13/2 easily available through the morning and the 7/2 SP still too big a price, he was one of the clearest examples of a horse that should have started favourite but didn’t as you will ever see. I suggested it last night as I didn’t expect the 2/1+ to hang around and it surprisingly lasted longer than I thought up to 9.40am! These early prices that go around are little more than phantom prices trying to get some early feelers into the market and the prices are laughable half the time, I caught a little bit of Hugh Taylor mentioning the very same thing today on ATR.

Squad went close also, was the least exposed horse in the field that beat him which isn’t surprising but I was happy to be at that favourite.

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Lingfield 13:00

There has been quite a move for this Whispering Warrior this morning which means Derfenna Art is a juicy 9/2 now. Likely to get own way in front as last time and since the track has been relayed it is easier to last your way home up the straight from a prominent position. I was drawn to the race originally because of Whinging Willie as he was given too much to do last time out but given the likely make up of this I think he could suffer a similar fate today.

1pt win

Derfenna Art

9/2, boyles, victor, stan (bog)

Lingfield 14:30

Italian Tom ran well in defeat last time out lending the suggesting he needed a step back up in trip and he has exactly that today, he is well handicapped off his best turf form in 2012 and he should go very close.

1pt win

Italian Tom

9/2 paddys, stan, coral (bog)

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Catterick 2.15

Couple I think are worth an interest in the North Yorkshire Grand National are Posh Bird and Jaunty Journey.

Posh Bird won the race last year and excels at extreme trips simply, very slow one paced old bird and after a little pipe opener last time she should be spot on for this.

Jaunty Journey has been filed in the losing accounts many times in last couple of years but I think he is still capable around his mark. Solid performance over 3 1/2 last time at Haydock and he just stays and this extra trip looks perfect for him now.

1pt win

Jaunty Journey

12/1 general with most bog firms
    1pt win

Posh Bird

16/1 stan james (bog)

Lingfield 2.55

1pt each way

Reginald Claude

13/2 VC (bog) 6/1 general

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Southwell 4.30.

Tight Lipped

@ 5/1 totesport

Caldercruix

@ 13/2 most bog

Southwell 5.00

Royal Bajan

@ 7/1 boyles and betfred

Wolverhampton 7.40

Travelling

@ 5/2 most bog

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

2.05 – 1pt win

Un Atout

@ 15/2 general

3.20 – 1pt win

Loch Ba

@ 12/1 general

4.00 – 2pt win

Zarkandar

@ 4/1 365, SJ, Coral

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Lingfield 3.10

2pt win Valdaw – 5/1 general with most bog

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Southwell 3.10

2pt win Trois Vallees @ 20/1 bet365

Wolverhampton 7.20

2pt win Big Sylv @ 5/2 general bog

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Two 1sts, close finishes but both were well under estimated in my book. Could not believe price of Trois Vallees, reasoning for runners on my blog. Could have been better was keen on Teen Ager today but felt he may fall victim to lack of pace but that didn’t come about and he scored nicely!! Did lay the favourite though for small compensation!

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Chester 14.45

1pt win

Buckland

@ 12/1 general (various bog)

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Chester 17:00

Spirit Of The Law

1pt win @ 17/2 BetVictor

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Chester 13:45

Area Fifty One

1pt win @ 7/1 bet365, Betvictor

Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.