The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Record for Number of Wins by Trainer on one raceday???

Home Forums Horse Racing Record for Number of Wins by Trainer on one raceday???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kane78
    • Total Posts 4

Hey…Trying to find out what the record is for the most wins by one trainer on a single raceday (at one track also!).

Recently had a 7 timer over here and wondering if it’s a record!

Appreciate any feedback…

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Michael Dickinson had about 9-12 on a Bank Holiday – I think it might have been Boxing Day. Fist will know the details, as he backed most of them.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6221

It was twelve winners for Dickinson on Boxing Day 1982, though naturally they were spread across more than one course.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Traditionally, British courses have held six races at a meeting. This is often 7 or even 8 nowadays.

I’m fairly sure that Martin Pipe has had 5 winners at Newton Abbot on more than one occasion.

I think Paul Nicholls may have done something similar in the past few years. I got the distinct impression that at Fontwell in Februrary I think, that he was trying to go through the card.

Kane78
    • Total Posts 4

Hi There, thanks for the help…I think the 7 on one card may well be a European record, though not sure about the rest of the world! I know there have been a lot of American trainers winning 6 on one day and some Australian also.

It’s just really hard to find out for sure!!

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Sorry. When you started off with "Hey", I thought you were American.

Kane78
    • Total Posts 4

Ha no! Irish living in Denmark…long way from USA!

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Martin Pipe always wanted to go through a card.He won 5 out of 6 races at Taunton in 1997. His beaten runner finished second.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5620

Didn’t Nicholls go through the card (or nearly so) at Wincanton a year or two ago?

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Didn’t Nicholls go through the card (or nearly so) at Wincanton a year or two ago?

Nicholls had 6 winners at Wincanton on Sat 21 Jan 2006- think there were more than 6 races that day though

He also had 7 winners and 3 seconds from his 10 runners at various courses on Sat Nov 7 1998

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

Ha no! Irish living in Denmark…long way from USA!

I was going to mention Soren Jensen at the Scandinavian Open Championship meeting a couple of weeks back – but now I know you’re in Denmark, I guess that’s who you’re talking about in the first place!!!

Darren – AngloGerman

‘The Hungarian’s going hell for leather’ – Jim McGrath

Kane78
    • Total Posts 4

Yeh, It was Søren I was talking about, I think it is some sort of European record but Colin Hayes in Australia also had 7 winners on one card in Victoria in 1982 I think. As far as I can find out that seems to be the record for number of winners on the card – Søren only equalled it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.