The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RBS 6-Nations Hcp Betting

Home Forums General Sports RBS 6-Nations Hcp Betting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Had a think about this today and I think it’s worth a shot for the remaining 9 matches given that the form has settled after the first 2 rounds.

The bet is to back the Hcp draw at the best available price.

My reasoning is that in the Hcp market, because the point spread should be a reflection of exactly how superior the favourite is, the Hcp draw should be much lower than the outright draw.

But it isn’t!

So tomorrow’s bets are all with Paddy Power who go a standout price about all of these (most books are offering 16/1):

Wales vs Italy: 25/1 (Wales to win by exactly 13 pts)
    Ireland vs Scotland: 25/1 (Ireland to win by exactly 12 pts)
    France vs England: 20/1 (France to win by exactly 6 pts)

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Sound like real longshots there, David. I prefer the the13/8 about Monkstown winning the Schools’ Cup. They look like an exceptionally talented side this year. They’re in the Semis on Tuesday on Setanta!

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’m not even going to back them TBH zilzal – it’s more to see if they are worth looking at in the future – maybe in the Heino Cup etc.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Will keep an eye on those scores with interest David. I’m no expert on the Rugby and prefer to just watch.

At those prices, you only need one of those games to come good for you out of the remaining fixtures and you will make a nice profit. Good luck.

Mike

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Forgot about this :shock:

Ireland -5pts
    England -9pts
    France -21pts

All 22/1 with Paddy Power

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.