The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RACING UK £20?

Home Forums Horse Racing RACING UK £20?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    horsestats
    • Total Posts 52

I apologise if this subject has already been highlighted which i’m guessing it has, however i am rather miffed at discovering my latest £20 monthly sub has come out of my account rather than the new £15 which is constantly being advertised since the merger with Setanta Sports.

I have rung RUK and customer services tell me that only new subscribers get it at £15

I said: "So loyal customers who have had the channel for 18 months for example are penalised ?" and she said Yes !   Its absolutley ridiculous – a fivers a fiver but x 12 months it does add up and the principle of the matter is all wrong.

Does anybody else have any views or similar problems.

Incidentally i am on SKY with my sub not NTL or TW.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

I think that this is a terrible way for RUK to treat it’s existing customers and I’m very surprised by it. I have Sky and I’m thinking about subscribing to RUK but I’m not sure yet. As a matter of interest what happens if you cancel it for a couple of weeks and then join again? I assume that RUK would still charge £20 as you have been with them before.

horsestats
    • Total Posts 52

im sure you can’t cancel it – when you subscribe u subscribe for 12 months.

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

horsestats,

I have written 2 stinking letters to both Setanta and RUK about this matter.  When I get a reply I’ll let you know.   I subscribe to both i.e. £35 a month and still in a 12 month contract.  I wouldn’t mind but Setanta told me on the phone a few weeks ago that adjustments would be made so everyone, old customers as well as new, would be on £15.  I am now reading this does not seem to be the case and I’ve asked for an explanation.  

I know I’ll not get anywhere, but they needn’t think they’ve got me by the short and curlies :ohno: as I shall happily cancel next year and go a year without the whole ruddy lot just to get some money back.

Mrs f*****g angry:angry:

oh,  be lucky :blowkiss:

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

I also pay for both Setanta and RUK at £34 per month. I rang Customer Services about a month ago when the merger was first announced and the rep said that I will be paying £15 per month but to be patient and wait for the adjustments to be made. Needless to say I am still waiting. After reading the above posts another phone call tomorrow morning is in order. I shall report back with the results tomorrow.

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

Pat,

will wait to hear from you.  Do let us know – cheers xx

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3104

<br>Rather than write to RUK and/or Setanta, contact your local trading standards office – if you pay as much council tax as I do, you might as well try to get something for it.

If that doesn’t work, move on to one of the TV consumer programs like Watchdog.

And there must be a government quango – OF something or other that controls satellite TV.

AP

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5123

I heard/read somewhere that existing monthly subscribers to RUK on Sky will have their direct debit amended to £15 from the October renewal. Won’t hold my breath

Mind you Hurling from the Auld Sod is a welcome addition to the wasted hours in couch potato mode.

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

apracing,

thanks for the advice Alan, if Drone above is right then we may avoid all that hopefully,   but you know what Alan, my husband is a Rangers fan – You think you got problems?  :shrug:   :)

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

This is the response I got from Setanta, regarding the overcharging …

"Dear Sir<br> <br>Thank you for your email <br> <br>I can confirm that you will need to put your request for a refund into writing and send it to the following address;<br> <br>Setanta sports <br>PO BOX 800<br>Kirkcaldy<br>Fife<br>KY2 6WD<br> <br>Yours sincerely"

Now, if they are prepared to give a refund then they acknowledge (surely?) that the price will be adjusted for existing Sky customers.<br>I would suggest that anyone who has been overcharged write to this address to claim your refund.

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

I rang both Setanta and RUK Customer Services and they gave me similar stories.

Setanta said they are waiting for the go ahead from Head Office before changing payments down to £15 p/m and no refund will be offered for any overpayment.

RUK are waiting for their "billing structure to be amended" before changing payments to £15 p/m. Again no overpayment will be refunded.

Initially the only channel I subscribed to was NASN and I was paying £9 p/m. When NASN became part of the Setanta package my payment increased to £14 p/m and my Direct Debit was amended immediately. It’s amazing why they can’t act that fast when payments are due to go down.

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

RD/Pat,

thanks for the info.  

I’ve put a cd in the post to RUK just to remind them :-

"I’m Still Waiting….I’m just a fool for you…" :) <br>

lucky jack
    • Total Posts 13

i joined up to the setanta/racing uk package £15 monthly  but  still waiting for the racing uk club pack<br>have made 5 calls   each time was told it would be put in post<br>setanta customer service is the pits

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Quote: from lucky jack on 1:07 am on Sep. 20, 2006[br]i joined up to the setanta/racing uk package £15 monthly  but  still waiting for the racing uk club pack<br>have made 5 calls   each time was told it would be put in post<br>setanta customer service is the pits

Deja vu

wizard o odds
    • Total Posts 28

Why do we always have to pay for something we enjoy:(  seems to me just another tax for enjoyment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.