The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing & Travel Lodge

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing & Travel Lodge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Scanning the Racing Calender for the next few weeks,<br>[Week Days’ only!], a few fixtures caught my eye.<br>The combination of being an unsuccessful gambler to the fact I am a succesful Drinker, accommadation is necessary.

Noting the prospective race fixtures I cross referenced to the Travel Lodge Site, seeking the nearest Lodges’.

The prices’ on offer are excellent, some at £13.00 per room per night.

I have allowed the staff of a lodge at Skeeby, on the A1 to look after me,  and family, next week to facilitate  visits to Wetherby and Catterick.<br>The Family Room was only £22.00 a night, and is a short Taxi ride from Richmond.

If the Room Sale is still ongoing, I highly recommend a visit to their site.;)

regards,

doyley

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

hi Doyley,

I’ve stayed at more Travel lodges than I’ve had hot dinners.   If you book well in advance you can often get them for the prices quoted otherwise it’s often £50 or so and I find that some of those near larger towns and cities it’s very difficult to get at the cheaper prices at any time.  Should you find yourself in Scotland the one near Stirling is just about the best I’ve been in so far, and the one opposite Fontwell is quite convenient.

Just a word of advice, never get a room on the ground floor. I know it’s easier to get all your luggage in etc. but you may not get a good nights sleep with a family group [much like yourselves…lol], clunking around in the room above.  Most annoying ! and if it’s another couple then we often hear them humping.:biggrin:

So if you are on the first floor please think of the poor folks below trying to get some shuteye.  ta..  <br>

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

We’re real cheapskates when it comes to holidays, and for this year’s jaunt we’re staying for a week in a Travelodge in London near the Tate Modern. You know what you’re getting with Travelodge, and I love the area, so why not? It’ll be fun!

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

Well I hope you enjoy your holiday.   We’re hoping to get to the new Great Leigh’s racecourse near Chelmsford [raceday buses to course from station] when it finally opens and combine it with some time in London.  The most convenient Travel lodge near Liverpool St station is £95 with seemingly no concessions for booking in advance [for the autumn], whereas the one not far away at Kings Cross Royal Scot can be had for £26 – can’t beat that for a double room en suite.

I like the look of this Great Leigh’s course just judging it  from their website, probably a bit too far for you Gilly:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.