The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Songs

Home Forums Lounge Racing Songs

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

Does anybody have any songs they relate to racing?

May be quite sad but I have song for horses that have done them a good deed?

Mine are:

Kauto Star
    Chicane – Saltwater
    Leona Lewis – Run
    Leona Lewis – A Moment Like This
    D:REAM – Things Can Only Get Better
    Newton Faulkner – Dream Catch Me

Cockney Rebel
    Cockney Rebel – Come Up And See Me

Denman
    The Automatic – Monster

Fame And Glory
    Irene Cara – Fame

Anyone else got any?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

When Dessie used to race they used to play a song by Level 42; can’t remember what it’s called but I did buy the tape of it so’s I could listen to it all the time. And that Moby song that they play during parades on Ch 4 always reminds me of Gloria Victis and makes me sad.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Ballad of Ruby Walsh – Christy Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcEKK9YPWSo

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Only one : " Arkle " by Dominic Behan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4paj14Y4lg 8) :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I may have asked this before, but has anyone been able to trace the "Kauto Star vs. Denman" song used on C4 in the build up to last year’s Gold Cup?

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Don’t know if this counts but I’ve got this on a little cassette next to the computer and play it after every winner:

Venga Boys – Boom Boom Boom Boom[/color:mom3x074]

reminds me of the good old days when we took delight in others winners :D

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Easily the best racing song I’ve heard is the Silent Witness one by Hans Ebert.

Watch and listen at
    http://www.silentwitness.com.hk/english … owcase.asp

Arazi
    • Total Posts 263
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

Every horse that people said were gonna be the next big thing, but totaly disapointed – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Robbie Williams, Millenium
    Dubai Millenium. I have an imagine of the crowd at nadal sheba singing "come and have a go if you think you hard enough" as the DM lead the field in the home straight on world cup night.

Sisters Ae doing For themselves

Russian Rythm and the other top fillys who were three yearolds in that year. They kicked arse, they beat the boys and were possed engines like jet planes.

Trickmeister
    Participant
    • Total Posts 96

I’ve got two.

One that relates directly to racing – Show of Hands "Galway Farmer", and one that sums up why we all get involved – The Saw Doctors "To Win Just Once"

They’re on Youtube but I’m too technically incompetent to be able to provide the links. How do you do that?

CarryOnKatie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

Maybe racecourses should introduce entrance music for the big races – like Boxers have for world title fights.

Accompanied by appropriate music (e.g. "We are the Champions" by Queen) and entering the paddock the UNDISPUTED CHAMPION CHASER OF THE WOOOORRRRRRRRLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD……….KAUUUUUUUUUUUTOOOOOOO STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (apologies to Michael Buffer)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

They’re on Youtube but I’m too technically incompetent to be able to provide the links. How do you do that?

1) Find your song on Youtube,
    2) Highlight the address in the address box, right-click on the box and choose Copy from the list of options that appears,
    3) Navigate back to this thread, and in a new posting right-click to bring up the same options list again. Click on paste.
    4) Assuming the web address is now in the posting, click the URL* button once at the front of the address, and once more at the back of it, in each case leaving no gap either side of the address.
    5) Submit the posting. The line above should now appear without the "url"s either side of it, but should change the cursor to a hand in the familiar way when you hover over it. One left click should load the link.

HTH,

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

The William Tell Overture by Spike Jones and the City Slickers

including such immortal lines as:

‘Cabbage is second by a head (Cabbage by a head!)’
    ‘(Banana coming up through the bunch!)’
    ‘Assault is passing Battery (Assault and Battery!)’

and finally, the ultimate ‘hold up’ horse……

‘AND THERE GOES THE WINNERRRRRRRRR!
    Feitlebaum………….. ‘

Rob

Trickmeister
    Participant
    • Total Posts 96

1) Find your song on Youtube,
    2) Highlight the address in the address box, right-click on the box and choose Copy from the list of options that appears,
    3) Navigate back to this thread, and in a new posting right-click to bring up the same options list again. Click on paste.
    4) Assuming the web address is now in the posting, click the URL* button once at the front of the address, and once more at the back of it, in each case leaving no gap either side of the address.
    5) Submit the posting. The line above should now appear without the "url"s either side of it, but should change the cursor to a hand in the familiar way when you hover over it. One left click should load the link.

HTH,

gc

Thanks for that. Just to pick your brain one more time (and to show my ignorance), what does HTH mean?

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

No worries! It stands for "hope this helps".

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

I’ve got two.

One that relates directly to racing – Show of Hands "Galway Farmer", and one that sums up why we all get involved – The Saw Doctors "To Win Just Once"

Galway Farmer.. what a cracking song!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.