The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 456 total)
  • Author
    bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

According to Nick Luck in tonights Evening Standard Trinity Mirror wish to sell their "cash cow"<br>The camel jockey still has titular ownership.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

It was in The Observer Business section on Sunday. It is understood that TM are looking for offers in the region of £100m.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Putting an offer in Pru ?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Possibly. I’m only about £99.9m short.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Yeah .. me too !<br>

DolusDolus
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

100 million, that’s a lot of Racing Posts. I don’t know if I have enough  room to store them

Err NO GOLD STAR

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

LONDON (Reuters) – Trinity Mirror said it had spurned an offer for its national newspapers, as it unveiled plans to streamline the business by selling its sports unit, including the Racing Post, and some regional titles.

The group (TNI.L: Quote, Profile , Research), which owns the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror, launched a review in August after posting a drop in profits due to a weak ad environment and falling circulation.

Trinity said on Thursday it had considered separating its regional and national businesses by way of a full demerger but concluded that would not benefit shareholders.

It said several third parties contacted the group about acquiring a number of its assets including one conditional indicative offer for the nationals businesses but the board concluded it "substantially undervalued" it.

The firm said it expected the disposals, including the Birmingham Post, the Birmingham Evening Mail, Coventry Evening Telegraph, Croydon Advertiser and South London Press, are to be completed during the second and third quarter of 2007.

It plans to focus on its national newspapers which also include the People and Daily Record newspapers and key regional titles in Scotland, the north of England and Wales and its digital assets.

It said it would integrate its print and online operations more closely.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

For an estimate £200m the RP is yours

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Other estimates are up to 250m or even 300m. Seems a lot, but it’s making loads of money already, has a guaranteed monopoly and there are plenty of "revenue streams" yet to be developed, particularly online.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from Mr Frisk on 6:43 pm on Dec. 14, 2006[br]Other estimates are up to 250m or even 300m. Seems a lot, but it’s making loads of money already, has a guaranteed monopoly and there are plenty of "revenue streams" yet to be developed, particularly online.

Yes like the possibility/probability of charging for the information which we all take for granted now.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2152

…at which point the RP’s sources of info could start charging it for the info which in turn it takes for granted.

hell, we could all start charging each other for everything…  ;)

best regards

wit<br>(already non-user, and only very occasional reader, of RP)

edited to add:

i guess £150m wouldn’t be much in a grander scheme of things for the likes of Sky, Hills, Ladbrokes – or even someone new looking to combine its database with a purchase of the Tote…. <br>

(Edited by wit at 8:14 am on Dec. 15, 2006)

onefurlongout
    • Total Posts 197

Any ideas if and when we will have to start to pay to access the online site?

Heard rumours that it was going to be around a £10pm

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

If that’s correct it’s a joke.

I’ll be straight over to the Sporting Life.

doublethetroubledoublethetrouble
    • Total Posts 233

ah well i still have £11 with them.thats one month and then delete it from my computer

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

If that’s correct it’s a joke.

I’ll be straight over to the Sporting Life.

Why is it a joke? It contains a very comprehensive database, and thorough race analysis, comments, etc stretching back many years.

Why would you think this should be free?

Sporting life is very poor compared with the RP..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 456 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.