The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post Chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Racing Post Chase

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I have to confess to having been a touch disappointed by Gungadu over fences, and think he’s well and truly up against it in carrying 11-12 in this race. On Sandown form Burntoakboy should get a bit closer to him, but Bagan really is standing out for me at the minute.

I saw that his owners were advertising a share in him a few weeks ago, and didn’t know whether that was a bad sign, but on his most recent effort he looks to have solid claims carrying a lowly 10-5. The form of the Sandown race is decent enough, the ground and an easy 3m should be perfect, an having raced only 8 times over fences there’s every chance he’s still improving.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Parlashan interests me at a decent price. Hes been running pretty well in decent races

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

and thats before i read Pricewise :roll:

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I Palarshan is a doubtful stayer myself, clivex (and I havent’ seen the Post).

I like Ungaro – pretensions to a modicum of class in a field of handicappers. With track and trip to suit, I think he’s almost a good thing today.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27766

At the prices I like Bagan and Burntoakboy with savers on Dream Alliance and Kelami. Will be back with more analysis, prices to beat.

Ginge

value is everything
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Me to Grasshopper, I studied the race for about 5 seconds saw his name and thought "he’ll win",,,,,,,,,,,,mind you i say that about every time I see him run……….few quid for an interest for me, very dodgy race to be tring to make your fortune in.

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

I quite like Wee Robbie, last time he ran over this trip he was a 4l second to Gungadu and today hes 8lbs better off in the weights, I think hes a good bet to run into a place.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27766

2:05 Kempton
    Numide and Stellino could be anything as they say. Numide has flat quality and has been impressive on his runs so far over hurdles. That was on softer ground and the form as it is, is some way below this level. Comments that could also be said about Stellino.
    Imsingingtheblues ran well on good going at Cheltenham but disappointed since, can not see why he should be shorter than Alasaada and Pigeon Island.
    Alaasada can be forgiven his last run on unsuitably soft going. Has plenty of speed and could get a soft lead if not taken on by Quartano. If Alasaada were trained by a top trainer would be considerably shorter.
    If they do go a good pace it will suit Pigeon Island who has been running consistently in top handicaps. Numide and Stellino would’ve done well to run as well in those races. Proven on good ground.
    Quartano is not out of it, has some good bumper form.
    Donaldson needs to improve his jumping but could yet improve with Jonjo’s stable seemingly coming back to form.
    Grand Schlem ran an encouraging race for the future at Sandown. Made up a considerable amount of ground when his jockey eventually went for him. Possibly one to bear in mind for a handicap.

100% book (prices to beat)
    Alasaada 15% 11/2, Golden Alchemist 0.25% 400/1, Imsingingtheblues 10% 9/1, Pigeon Island 16.75% 5/1, 25% Numide 3/1, Stellino 25% 3/1, Donaldson 3% 33/1, Quartano 3.5% 28/1, Grand Schlem 1.5% 66/1.
    After a short break it is a little disconcerting Alasaada has drifted this morning (hope he is fit) though has unfashionable connections.

3:15 Kempton
    Gungudu has given me the impression of not finding much under pressure since giving away a winning chance against Boychuk at Newbury last year. Won with a bit in hand at Sandown but has gone up for that. In my opinion will only win if he can do it fairly easily, is improving.
    Burntoakboy is also improving and goes well on good going. But for a mistake at the last would’ve been closer to Gungudu last time. Has a good claimer aboard today and is trained by one of the best small trainers around.
    Ungaro goes well on course and going but just wonder if he is too exposed to win this.
    Simon I hope runs well because have backed him for the National. However today’s going will probably mean too much emphasis on speed around here.
    Bagan runs off the same mark as when impressive at Warwick last time. Ran poorly before that in a big field handicap but did run well in big fields on the flat. Hopefully Fehily will keep him on the outside so as not to get enclosed.
    Dream Alliance has jumping problems, not the best of things for this race. However, there are not that many front runners in this and it is possible he could get a relatively easy lead. Possibly better on softer but is worth chancing at the early price (was pricewise though).
    Kelami was going well when falling carrying my money last time, can be made well handicapped if going back to his good run in the “Whitbreadâ€

value is everything
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 909

i backed simon and ungaro

vf

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Gungadu was more dour but I really liked how Kelami pressed on. It was a nice effort.

Anyway – who called this race on RUK? I was VERY impressed!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

That was Mark Johnson, son of Skegness, fan of US racing / French racing / point-to-points, and known in some quarters – with varying degrees of goodwill – as "Shouty".

I suppose along with messrs Goode, Cattermole, McGrath and Thompson, he’d fall into that category of commentator that polarizes opinion somewhat, with some enjoying his emotive, voluble delivery and others driven mad by his numerous Americanisms.

To my mind he was actually in pretty good form on Saturday.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

He certainly gave some oomph to the broadcast. I hear some British racecallers and wonder if they’re falling asleep.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I quite like Mark Johnson, decent commentator i think.

Stevenferguson
    • Total Posts 44

Yes I Agree with you their Gareth he is a really good Commentator Mark Johnson.
    Its just a pitty he didn’t come up North more often.

Steve

Oops Sorry Didn’t mean to post this message 3 Times! :? Just new

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome, Steven. 8)

Colin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.