The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post begs again…

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Post begs again…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Obviously they heard or saw my comments about not eating bread anymore, so they’re having another go.

This time:

But what you’re probably not aware of is that membership is quick, easy and actually costs half the price of a bottle of water a day*.

Sadly for RP, I – like most of the country, if recent figures are to be believed – don’t waste my money in buying stuff in a bottle that I’ve already paid for via the tap. Particularly as some studies suggest that bottled water isn’t that good for you.

I can’t wait for the next email. What will it compare it to next? Champagne? Mortgage interest?

:lol: :roll: :lol:

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

Well, at least they’re not in cahoots with some charity telling you that not subscribing means a pound a month isn’t going to some starvin marvin somewhere – oh wait, what have I just suggested to them :?

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

It’s pathetic. I saw an ad saying the RP costs the same per day as a bar of chocolate. and another comparing daily membership to a pint of milk. That place is turning into Super market sweep.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Well, at least they’re not in cahoots with some charity telling you that not subscribing means a pound a month isn’t going to some starvin marvin somewhere – oh wait, what have I just suggested to them :?

I can see them getting it wrong and suggesting that for less than a quarter of your monthly donation to "Save the Whale", you could access Racing Post instead….

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

I’d buy that Rose, some days I convince myself I’m getting it for free and that the monthly subs are for RUK, some days I think I’m paying for RP and getting RUK for free and when particularly drunk I forget I’m paying the subs altogether and laugh for getting them both free.

I’d happily see a pound a month of my subs go to a whale, seal or even a snow leopard.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

A sad state of affairs for the RP .. I wonder if the journos are going to get paid per view? It’s a lot of fractions of a penny for a bar of chocolate.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

I’d buy that Rose, some days I convince myself I’m getting it for free and that the monthly subs are for RUK, some days I think I’m paying for RP and getting RUK for free and when particularly drunk I forget I’m paying the subs altogether and laugh for getting them both free.

I’d happily see a pound a month of my subs go to a whale, seal or even a snow leopard.

No, I was thinking they’d try to stop you saving whales… But here you go:

http://www.savethewhales.org/
    http://www.ifaw.org/splash.php
    http://www.snowleopard.org/

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

Maybe they should offer to drown a canadian sealer for every new subscription – that’d boost their sales.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The last time the RP unleashed their arsenal of cliched e-mails I blocked them, but my apparently poorly thought out defence has again been pentrated – five messages in only three days.

Desperate times calling for pathetically desperate measures?

deltaman
    • Total Posts 190

The unsuscribe click here doesn’t work either!! :evil:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

.. I can concur, unsubscribe does not work.

I unsubscribed last time and I still got spammed this time around, how embarrassing for them.

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

They aren’t quite as bad as the Tote, though. Some time ago I suddenly started getting tons of spam from them so emailed a complaint to customer services. Turns out they’d moved my details (and apparently everyone elses) over to their Bingo arm – just in case I might want to use it, I wasn’t asked – and a member of the bingo provider company stole the details.

Allegedly nothing but the email address was stolen but it would have been a) nicer if they’d told customers at the time and b) hadn’t just decided to enroll me in something I wasn’t interested in….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.