The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Duo’s

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Duo’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

A poll with a twist. Who’s your favourite?. Admittedly some of the above may not be well known to viewers without RUK and some duo’s are more frequently together than others, but I’d be interested to hear people’s opinions, preferences.

I’ve gone for Balding/Carson, only because I like a bit of humour and the way they bounce off each other without being too serious. Francome/McGrath would be a close second, Others a bit too serious for my taste. Difficult to put ones in from Attheraces as they vary but Matt Chapman has a mouth big enough for two.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Lol, great poll.

My vote goes to Francome/McGrath as I am a light hearted lad who likes a giggle – I feel these two, as well as being very knowledgable, are also very funny at times and they work very well together.

I like RUK, but some of those duo’s send shivers down my spine :lol:

Mike

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

You could have also added McCririck/Dennis – who I think are brill when they team up on course for ATR – though I appreciate they are not everyone’s cup of tea lol.

Mike

TheCheekster
    • Total Posts 329

I chose francome/Mcgrath.
    My dream duo would be Williamson/Francome.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

You could have also added McCririck/Dennis – who I think are brill when they team up on course for ATR – though I appreciate they are not everyone’s cup of tea lol.

Mike

Mike, I did have them in but ran out of options and had to delete a few. I’m afraid they got bismarked! :lol:

Chubs
    • Total Posts 67

matt chapman is da man. he’z da best folks. yeeeee haaaa.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

Some shockers there, quite like the Hislop/ Willoughby combine.

As for Chapman, he’d go well in tandem with Charlie Cairoli.

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

None of the above.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

It’s Lydia Hislop and Jonathan Neesom for me by a street. Pleasing timbres and always informative (and impeccably informed), yet neither are so in thrall to the owners / trainers / riders / officials of the sport that they won’t criticize them as and where they see fit. Jonathan’s acid wit finds particular favour.

Few things beat the two of them in full flow at somewhere like Market Rasen on a Sunday afternoon, I reckon. If I live to be only a quarter as good as them at this racing media lark then I’ll be a happy boy. As well as still four times crapper, obviously.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

lekha85
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

Francome’s greatest moment to date at Glorious Goodwood this year:

"Well Jim, I really need to pull the rabbit out of the fire here."

This particular comment even made it into Colemanballs a few weeks ago…

My vote went to Balding/Carson, purely because of Balding’s skill and Carson’s entertaining daftness. They make reasonable TV which can appeal to both racing afficionados (sp?) and general public alike. Jusr what racing needs…

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Francome (great Jockey though he was) talks some of the most cliched nonsense, whereas Chapman just talks… nonsense!

Aesthetically – the lovely Lydia of course – by a country mile. :wink:

but the honours go to
    Willoughby ( a really well-informed and witty guy, imo) and McNae. 8)

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Luck and Cunningham or Luck and Willoughby. McNae lets Willoughby get away with some of his half baked theories where as Luck will make him explain himself properly.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

It’s Lydia Hislop and Jonathan Neesom for me by a street. Pleasing timbres and always informative (and impeccably informed), yet neither are so in thrall to the owners / trainers / riders / officials of the sport that they won’t criticize them as and where they see fit. Jonathan’s acid wit finds particular favour.

Spot on Jeremy.

Eddie Fremantle is a glaring omission, paired with Hislop or Luck

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Pitman/Scudamore a shocking omission, imo

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Anyone with the lovely Alex Quin.. Is it only me who finds her very attractive?? Mccrirrick drools all over her when together but that’s to be expected I suppose. So not those two together then.. So Alex Quin ( Dye your hair blonde again) with A.N Other. Francome.. Wo! there! What do others think of Quin or have I no taste??!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.