The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Quixall Crossett

Home Forums Horse Racing Quixall Crossett

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Just had a phone call from his trainer Ted Caine to tell me that my hero  & namesake QC has been put to sleep, apparently his teeth & feet were giving cause for concern & it was the kindest thing to do to so that he didn’t suffer.<br>I was a fan way before he was ‘famous’ and saw him run many times, culminating in his 102nd defeat, but God loves a trier.<br>The Caine family are lovely people & Ted has just applied for a licence again, so look out for Pharnoon, Hamnothere, No Publicity Please & Swiss Gem, I wish him the best of luck.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Ironic as I was only asking graysonscolumn  about his well being at Towcester yesterday.<br>I’m sure he’ll be devastated.

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

Very sad.  He was proof that you don’t have to be a winner to be loved.  Deserves his own movie.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Yes Graysons will be upset, in those great days when we used to follow him every time he ran, he wore the T Shirt & I wore the scarf!<br>I have loads of picture of QC & will always remember him with affection

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Sad news.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

That is sad news. Racing isn’t all about winners, it’s more than that. I used to follow a horse called Past Master who nine times out of ten refused to start the race. It’s the characters in the game that make it special.

dilysb
    • Total Posts 51

Quite right, Burroughhill, and I, too, was distressed by Quixall Crossett’s death.  One of my favourite horses ever was the notorious Vodkatini and I was so sorry when he was killed in a point-to-point.

lucky jack
    • Total Posts 13

very sad<br>used to have the biggest cheer of the day<br>when trailing home at haydock

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Quote: from dilysb on 12:45 pm on Oct. 6, 2006[br]Quite right, Burroughhill, and I, too, was distressed by Quixall Crossett’s death.  One of my favourite horses ever was the notorious Vodkatini and I was so sorry when he was killed in a point-to-point.<br>

Yes Vodkatini appealed to people who get sick up of the pristine hero in white that can do no wrong….namely Desert Orchid.

SHL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.