Queens Cup 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queens Cup 2019

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Few catching the eye in this……

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/queens-cup-stakes/winner

The obvious one for me is Cleonte. Followed him closely last year, and his best effort was definitely his third in The Cesarewitch. Really looking forward to more this season, and this looks a realistic target to start his campaign off.

I said last year that Elliot could have a bit of fun with Markhan, and I think that’ll prove to be the case. I’m really liking how he’s been campaigned so far, and I think he’ll be more high profile by the end of the year, both on the level, and over timber. Very decent prospect, and proper notebook material for the year ahead. If I knew for certain that he’s coming over, I’d snap up the 16’s.

Tor is a horse that I like round here, and he’s an interesting outsider at 25’s, while although Midnight Wilde is a bit inconsistent, his runs at Newmarket and Chester last year, put him in a very good light at 40’s here, off his last winning mark.

No bet yet, and I really do like those two outsiders, but just ahead of them in the pecking order, for now…..

Cleonte 10’s
    Markhan 16’s

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Decided to go with the 16’s on Markhan. Conor Beasley jocked up, and thought it’s not a given that he’ll run, it was enough to sucker me in.

Markhan 16’s Win

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

With Markhan out (not the biggest surprise) then I’ll side with Tor here.

Probably weighted right to his best, but he does like it round here, and he’s got a really decent attitude.

There’s more realistic contenders, but with four places, I don’t think his price is realistic, and happy to side with him, and I’ll go with him at bigger prices too.

Tor 22’s EW 4 Places

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4243

I’#ve gone for ULSTER, in form from the all-weather and one that races handy. Assuming they don’t go quick you have to be in the first handful swinging for home to have much of a chance at Musselburgh. There si a question of whether he’s high in the handicap for one who has raced mainly on all-weather, but Archie Watson is a good placer of his horses and I’m happy to go with his judgement.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5936

I think Austrian School is probably better than these. I could have done
    without him being drawn widest of all in 14, but hopefully Joe Fanning can get him settled
    in, or manages to get him up front (where he has run) without burning up too much early on.
    I took the 9/2 with Bet365 this morning.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

I was impressed with Pipes of Peace at Kempton last time. I’ve taken 8-1 but it’s win only.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Unlucky Buckers and Rob, well played Graham.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5936

Cheers Bobby :good:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.