The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2193

Palace Pier lost a shoe and thus lost his action. Just bad luck.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17713

WD Frenchy, and nice EW Graham

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2193

Wd winners.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

Cheers Bobby, it brightened up an otherwise grey day :good:
    Well done Frenchy, as I said I had a few quid on him too :good:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1303

Cheers all but I’m gutted overall, clearly something not right with Palace Pier there. Rather than fish for answers I think it’s just obvious when you look at how JGs horses performed today. Just draw a line through it

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

This is what I posted

Could this be the horse to beat Palace Pier, The Revenant 14/1 running in the Prix Daniel Wildenstein at Longchamp on Saturday and if he wins that well that 14/1 won’t last long. He was second to King of Change in this race last year and was slightly impeded in the last 100 years, but that wouldn’t had changed the result only the distance. I missed 4/1 on him for Saturday with Hills and was about to take 3/1 and he was dropped 9/4. Damn.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1303

You are right in some regards Mike, people get really hung up with form lines on here sometimes which I don’t really understand at all as horses regularly don’t run to form lines.

I prefer to analyse each race and look at improvers, I spotted the same thing as you in last years race, you could easily make an argument that The Revenent was the best horse in the race last year. He was a very good EW shout no doubt.

That said there was no reason at all to expect Palace Pier to run like that. There was no angle whatsoever to take him on with. He was solid in every regard. He was nailed on to win that and that comment above was totally a fair one.

The only thing I would say is that he went off at 8/11. That told me he wasn’t quite right, he should’ve gone off shorter than that.

But waiting until 5mins before the race is a strategy I don’t like doing at all plus all the value goes antepoat on others

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Frenchy we move forward, I have Golden Pal 3/1 and Kameko 5/1 no more bets until they run. I am like you I am looking for value and I might get one ante post who doesn’t run all the season. When say to people I have that horse at 10/1 and it comes at even money fav they think that is great and they ask me to tell them the next horse I back, but when I say if the horse doesn’t run you lose your money they suddenly lose interest. That is the risk we take to get the value.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2193

Palace Pier ran to form with a shoe lost, getting unbalanced, like running on 3 wheels as Frankie described it, looking down at the horse in the closing stages. He will be back.

RP report: Things did not go to plan for Palace Pier, who arrived at the start with a small amount of blood in his mouth.
    His rider Frankie Dettori said: “You can’t go a mile with just one leg, you have to use both and I tried to get him to change. It was very unlike him. Obviously you can’t win a race with three wheels, you need all four.”

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1303

Oh I’ve no doubt Palace Pier is the best horse there. Had JGs horses run well and not PP we could question it but they all ran badly. Is he coming back next year? Really hope so.

Ante post betting has been very profitable for me over the years Mike98 it’s definitely a good betting strategy

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.