The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

QMCC 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics QMCC 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Kalahari King will win this race

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Big Zeb’s obvious dislike of travelling across the water, allied to Master Minded’s rude health at present and love of Cheltenham, makes the decision an easy one for me.

Master Minded to do a Badsworth Boy and complete his QMCC three consecutive wins in style. 8)

It really is difficult to make a very good case for the rest. :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

How do you come to the conclusion that Big Zb hates going across the water? Just on the basis of his Sandown run?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

4/6 for a horse a stone in hand of everything except short-runner Twist Magic, coming off the 2nd best run of his life in what was only a warm-up, and in a race he has hacked up in for the past 2 seasons?
    Shocking value, innit? :lol:

• Total Posts 2184

How do you come to the conclusion that Big Zb hates going across the water? Just on the basis of his Sandown run?

Murphy blamed his Sandown run on a lack of recovery time after the Fortria. Not too sure myself to be honest – he had from 8 November until 5 December to recover from a race that he didn’t need to be asked a single question in

ranse
    • Total Posts 9

master minded’s task looks no harder than last year to me, i think the 4/5 about looks the best odds on option for cheltenham. although all 4 look pretty damn solid for a near 7/1 fourfold.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"Imperial Call" wrote:

Murphy blamed his Sandown run on a lack of recovery time after the Fortria. Not too sure myself to be honest – he had from 8 November until 5 December to recover from a race that he didn’t need to be asked a single question in

You have a point, but that run was just too poor to be true wasn’t it! He didn’t travel a yard that day and he was still going well when he came down at Cheltenham last year. It’s not fair to say on the basis of those two runs that he doesn’t like travelling across the water imo.

shers100
    • Total Posts 10

Anybody fancy Barker 16 to 1 without fav…

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Master Minded for me.

I do like Kalahari king as he still seems unexposed and he is a sexy looking RFC opportunity with the champ.

But can he live with an 80-90% MM….I don’t think so…but I’m wavering :?

Zip

jmorrisey
    • Total Posts 18

4/6 for a horse a stone in hand of everything except short-runner Twist Magic, coming off the 2nd best run of his life in what was only a warm-up, and in a race he has hacked up in for the past 2 seasons?
    Shocking value, innit? :lol:

Twist Magic has looked anything but a short runner this season. MMs 2nd best run of his life involved giving a fair beating to Mahogany Blaze, a horse who is probably a grade 3 performer at best. He beat nothing that day and would have been bitterly disappointing had he not dominated like he did.
    As for having a stone in hand of everything else….I dont think he had a stone in hand of Big Zeb at Punchestown last season. So with 3 or 4 very credible challengers and lingering doubts as to whether MM is back to his very best I do believe that (win, lose or draw) 4/6 is indeed shocking value

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Master Minded is a speed horse (had Mahogany Blaze on toast from a fair way out) and his speed was obviously blunted by the poor ground at Punchestown. That’s unlikely to be a problem on Wednesday, and Big Zeb won’t see the way he went.
    Twist Magic will cry enough at the bottom of the hill.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I agree with Reet on Twist magic…..I think anyone who backs him EW is mad let alone to win.

Even if something goes amiss wit Master Minded he still has Kalhari King to beat and he’s already proved he can turn it on at Cheltenham.

What I will say is that I don’t think PN has ever aimed Twist Magic at the QMCC. Doesn’t it seem a bit strange he always runs like a pig in in it then wins next time up reversing the form with horses who finished miles in front of him in the race.?

This season Master Minded was sidelend and Twist Magic certainly did better than previous years but the fact remains he has got to halfway and quit twice in this race or to put it another way "Given one heluvva easy time of it" in arace he couldn’t possibly have won.

What’s changed? He’s probably fitter than he was alst time but it doesn’t alter the fact no matter what he might say to PN does not consider him to be a Cheltenham horse.

If he comes under any sort of pressure at all he won’t have to spit out the dummy his jockey will do it for him.

• Total Posts 223

I hardly ever lay horse but I will certainly be laying Twist Magic TBP and also in running at hopefully shorter odds too. Some think that his wins this season prove he stays well now but this is not true, he has been winning in slow times. He was knackered over the last two at Ascot last time. He WILL NOT STAY in the CC

• Total Posts 201

I don’t think Twisty is a non-stayer but I do think he has a dislike of Cheltenham. Really depends on what mood the boy is in on the day and that is not the kind of horse you want to be backing in a Grade 1 Cheltenham Festival race!

Class horse but has plenty of flaws in his armoury…..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Tomorrow the Royal Crown will sit firmly on the head of the King.

Master Minded’s latest win is meaningless other than to tell us he still has 4 legs can jump and run.

Think Haydock think pressure think defeat.

When Kalahari King pors it on and applies pressure I expect Master Minded to fall apart.

I doubt if he will be in the first 3.

and my AP double with Binocluar has my cash going onto him at 20/1.

That was before what I saw this season and I tell you now MM will not win.

Kalahari King

turner07
    • Total Posts 7

Master Minded between 4 and 10 lengths at 7/2 with a slght saver on over 10 at 5/1 ;)

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Master Minded will prove beyond all doubt that he is "king" of the two mile chasers.

Paul Nicholls says he has him in tip top shape and barring a fall, I can’t see any of the opposition troubling him at all.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.