The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Punchestown Pertemps Qualifier

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Punchestown Pertemps Qualifier

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Quite a tricky race, and generally i try and not get too involved in Pertemps qualifiers for obvious reasons.

High Sparrow has come for money + it’s clear to see why based on his last two runs. Hampered last time from too far back, he ran on well for all the distance he was beat looks beat. Worth considering the prominent racers did well tht day too, and he wasn’t one. Missed the boat on him though.
    A Great View also has come for money, again fairly obvious, some top handicap form and good course form. The trainer is small and has been quiet enough, but his record at Punchestown is good.
    They’ve both been tipped up by Andy Holding so that could explain some of the market support.

If High Sparrow was to drift out again before the off, to say 9/1 i’d get involved in him. Doubtful.

The one i’ve taken a flyer on is Mary Frances. This is what i’d call a small bet though. She loves it really testing which it really will be today. She stays 3 miles and has a 5pd claimer on to help even more!
    Two forgiveable runs behind far too classy opposition her run behind The Storyteller is decent, and he’s fancied for the festival by some. Before tht, she was beaten a length giving 8 to Western Point who is rated 145 of fences.

At 16s i’ll take a go 5 places. Wouldn’t be wild confident of a win but she could finish in the money :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Relegate off 130 could be chucked in

Especially if theyve taught her how to jump

She will really appreciate the step up to 3 miles too

Question is how fit she is after so long off the track

No bet for me more of a watching race as you never know who is trying to actually win these things

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

100%, she was the first one that caught my eye, i had hoped she’d have run at Leopardstown. If she jumps shes very well in. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a nice staying on placed effort with a view to qualifying!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

She may need to go up a few lbs to get in to the race so maybe they will be trying

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

On fire Jack lad, well in mate.

• Total Posts 14937

Well done Jack.

Gutted, backed her three times the last year, and gave a long look, but decided to sit it out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Cheers guys. Nightmare Bobby she’s a gutsy mare alright!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.