The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Punchestown Gold Cup, Wednesday

Home Forums Horse Racing Punchestown Gold Cup, Wednesday

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

Interesting race…surely Kicking King is the value at the prices here.

Admittedly you are taking his wellbeing on trust but still available at 10s on a course that he likes v much, in conditions that will suit also and finally much the freshest competitor. Back class and all that?

Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

bit wide of the mark, sadly

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1152

He had won a weak Gold Cup (even though I fancied, and backed, Take The Stand that day) when at his peak, and he would have needed to have shown that sort of form to even trouble Neptune Collonges. After such a lengthy layoff, an uninspiring run last time and a trouble preparation prior to Cheltenham I think 10/1 was incredibly short. As TDK said on another thread, he just doesn’t look the same horse.

Pricewise put Kicking King up today I see, which given his ‘standing’ in the industry was borderline irresponsible. Thankfully his price didn’t seem to shorten too much, so hopefully few followed him blindly in.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Sad to see KK so below par – esp after his encouraging comeback.

BTW, George Foreman wants to fight again – true that.

Zip

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1152

That dozy, old bugger has been wanting to fight again for years, and given the state of the heavyweight division at the minute he’d probably do alright.

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

yea very sad for kicking king how old is he?maybe he should retire safe and enjoy retiremeant he was a lovely horse to watch x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.