The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix Jean-luc Lagardere 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix Jean-luc Lagardere 2009

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’m sure all the lower priced horses will be all the rage tomorrow. It’s hard to tell how Pounced will come along for this race. On his 2nd time out performance and breeding, i’ll take the risk at 12/1. It’s certainly well bred so let’s see how he goes.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

British trained runners who didn’t run in a Pattern/Sales race last time out have a dismal record. All 13 unplaced.

For me, total penalty kick for Dick Turpin.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Easy enough task for Lope De Vega IMO – Fabre knows what it will take to win this and IMO he’ll prove to be a better horse than Dick Turpin in the long run.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

A competitive contest with some nice sorts for next year.

Hard to look beyond Dick Turpin. His Richmond Stakes form reads very well. The second that day, Buzzword, gained compensation with victory in the Prix La Rochette (G3) from Siyouni, who earlier ran impressive Cheveley Park winner, Special Duty, to 1 1/2L in the Prix Robert Papin (G2).

He should improve for the trip and showed he travelled well when winning in Ireland on his latest start.

The Godolphin challenger was badly hampered behind Dick Turpin at Goodwood, but has improved since and boasts a CD victory, so he’s worth an ew saver at best priced 6/1 to follow the selection home.

Lope De Vega has looked above average on his first two starts and the form of his maiden success has worked out well, with the second that day following up impressively next time. This is a step up, though, and he has to improve to figure.

Beethoven and Rio de Vitesse have been keeping good company, but both look exposed and Pounced looks a horse with a good future, but will need to improve on his maiden win.

Like the Prix Marcel Boussac, this should produce some top class performers next season and Dick Turpin is available at 20/1 for the 2000 Guineas next year. I think he’ll stay a mile and anything resembling a good performance will see his price contract.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Easy enough task for Lope De Vega IMO – Fabre knows what it will take to win this and IMO he’ll prove to be a better horse than Dick Turpin in the long run.

I’ve changed my mind and I now like your chap!

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

How good must Special Duty be?

Richard Hughes did Dick Turpin no favours, but he had time to grab a place and didn’t pick up when daylight appeared.

Looks like he needs a stiff seven and he could still run a big race in the Dewhurst.

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

Would have helped if the full-of-running Dick Turpin was not shut out by Ajtebi.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Would have helped if the full-of-running Dick Turpin was not shut out by Ajtebi.

Ajtebi didn’t enjoy a smooth passage himself, but the other jockeys had every right to keep Hughes blocked in.

The man is a great jockey, but you only have yourself to blame when left short of room in a seven runner race. They weren’t bunched up and Hughes had plenty of time to find space.

brendanr
    • Total Posts 196

Turning into a private exhibition for the Aga and any jockey he chooses.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.