The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prix du Moulin 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Prix du Moulin 2010

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Anyone know the entries for this race and also the current/forecast going?

Thanks

Crizzy

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

1 rio de la plata usa m.ps. 5 ans P2 58 *** GODOLPHIN S. BIN SUROOR 99.714
    2 fuisse m.ps. 4 ans P2 58 *** HARAS DU QUESNAY MME C. HEAD-MAAREK 526.710
    3 rip van winkle ire m.ps. 4 ans P2 58 *** MME MAGNIER/M.TABOR/D.SMITH AP. O’BRIEN 1.059.057
    4 paco boy ire m.ps. 5 ans P2 58 *** THE CALVERA PARTNERSHIP N°2 RM. HANNON 660.776
    5 goldikova (ire) f.ps. 5 ans P2 56,5 *** WERTHEIMER & FRERE F. HEAD (S) 2.020.737
    6 only green (ire) f.ps. 4 ans P2 56,5 *** WERTHEIMER & FRERE F. HEAD (S) 118.107
    7 siyouni m.ps. 3 ans P2 56 *** H.H. AGA KHAN A.DE ROYER DUPRE 425.146
    8 lope de vega ire m.ps. 3 ans P2 56 *** GESTUT AMMERLAND A. FABRE 1.175.215
    9 shakespearean ire m.ps. 3 ans P2 56 *** GODOLPHIN S. BIN SUROOR 1.120.489
    10 canford cliffs ire m.ps. 3 ans P2 56 *** HEFFER S./MME ROY/MME INSTANC RM. HANNON 719.584
    11 beethoven ire m.ps. 3 ans P2 56 *** M.TABOR/D.SMITH/MME J.MAGNIER AP. O’BRIEN 389.968
    12 makfi gb m.ps. 3 ans P2 56 *** MATHIEU OFFENSTADT M. DELZANGLES 650.530
    13 music show ire f.ps. 3 ans P2 54,5 *** JABEER ABDULLAH MR. CHANNON 337.584
    14 via medici ire f.ps. 3 ans P2 54,5 480 SCEA HARAS DE SAINT PAIR F. ROHAUT (S) 86.700

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Thanks

Me mouth is watering…. :D

What’s the ground like? If it aint soft it’s PACO TIME!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Arrived in Paris 2 days ago, weather was very good. Got to Lyon yesterday, weather been excellent today. Driving through Paris on my way to Calais tomorrow but I’m expecting more of the same.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Makfi could not have won more impressively last time out, one to follow.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

More of the same today, 22-24 degrees during the day, very sunny.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Lope De Vega

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

probably the worst ride paco boy has been given so far!

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Worst ride agreed. Only 5 other horses in the race and he cant’t find any room to pass through and snatches up, messing up any chance. This horse Hughes says gets one burst of speed, you get one chance. Why go up the rail?

I am speechless but not a jockey, so was it that bad?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times Lester could not get his run because of being stuck on the rail.He was famous for coming on the outside.No excuses out there.When will they learn?

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

didnt have a bet, but would of liked PB for my TTF boost. looking at my list i cant believe ive got Seta with more points haha. ill need a miracle to win it now though, with ask being retired, sna and workforce not running for a while, sariska not coming out. must try harder with the national hunt version :D

• Total Posts 638

Personally, I thought Hughes knew Paco didn’t have the puff to be pulled wide and go past, so he had a look at the half gap on the rail as the only chance for victory. It was a long shot in any case. PB certainly didn’t finish full of run…well beaten today, in my view.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I suppose any excuse is good enough if the horse isn’t.

ravinella
    • Total Posts 6

I backed Lope De Vega and felt the race was over for me after a furlong.

I was bemused that connections felt it prudent to hold the horse up given he had won the French Derby over 2.5f further. Moreover he has not exactly appeared to be a horse with a blinding turn of foot, like Paco, so why employ the sort of tactics which meant if it developed into a sprint he would need to outsprint Paco (something we could never imo do). As I recall in the French Derby he wound it up turning for home and simply went further away as opposed to sitting in behind and pouncing late.

I am a fan of Guyon in the main but this ride and that on Byword at York (allowed himself to become a sitting duck in a furiously run race) leave a lot to be desired.

I suppose the most plausible explanation with Lope is that connections felt that trying to hold him up might make him less fired up and therefore conserve energy – the opposite was the case.

Will be interesting to see where he tirns up next – he has no entries so connections will have to supplement him. Maybe they will just draw stumps for the season and try to work on his temperament over the winter.

• Total Posts 629

Agree with the above comments re: ‘Lope’ (anyone ever put his name into a translation search site?!!) :shock:

Re: ‘Paco’ – I wrote this after his last run…

I was interested to hear Hannon Jr. during ‘Get On’ today say that ‘Paco may go for that (Moulin) or even to the US!

As both were frowned upon earlier in the year esp the Breeders’ Cup!

He also said (earlier in the year) that ‘Paco’ disliked the downhill start to the mile at Longchamp so would prefer the Foret as the starting point misses that section out!

The point?! 8)

Some might laugh but it seems as though some horses just don’t like the downhill section at Longchamp?!
    Is that why he hung on to the rail when he hit the straight?

Another example of this might be…
    Despite two wins with one in the G1 Prix Ganay – ‘Vision D’Etat’ has always seemed ill at ease to me to when he has come down the hill there! :shock:
    Always dropping back on the decent and then taking all of the home straight to pick things up again – and this is a horse with a turn of foot also! :o

Something to keep in mind maybe for those going back to the Arc this year?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I suppose any excuse is good enough if the horse isn’t.

My opinion exactly.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.