The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arc 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Arc 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Hills have opened a market they have CAMELOT at 8/1 fav i expect him to lose this week so price be bigger.But this a simple race just focus on the 3yos.The horses i like so far

BEAUTY PARLOUR 16/1

Been talked about being as good as Zarkava those she got a long way to go she is built for 1m4 she got nice speed as well.

IMPERIAL MONARCH 33/1

Though he prefer cut in the ground i think this is a top class horse who will get better as the season goes on.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

I also like the look of Beauty Parlour, a potential superstar?…… :wink:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Current shortlist is Camelot, Galikova and athaniel.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Current shortlist is Camelot, Galikova and athaniel.

Should have gotten on much earlier. Whoops!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

At 25s, I’m happy to take the chance Frankel will get the trip

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

If he turns up he will be a short favourite, so see you logic, has HRAC said anything about Frankel running? If he is even a 20% chance I would definitely take the risk.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

If he turns up he will be a short favourite, so see you logic, has HRAC said anything about Frankel running? If he is even a 20% chance I would definitely take the risk.

Cecil’s said nothing as far as I know. Just a hunch of mine that he will get that far – there’s nothing in his breeding to suggest he won’t, he’ll be stronger this year and more relaxed so, like you, I think he’s well worth a small investment in the hope the hunch proves right.

• Total Posts 1533

Frankel may well get the trip but would he get is on a plane/boat to France?

The only way I can see him going for the Arc is if he hasn’t won over 12f beforehand. Let’s say for example Frankel won a poorly contested King George over 12f why would Henry then take the risk of running him in the Arc, the toughest race in the world and him possibly losing his unbeaten record?

I recon business done they’d drop him back to 10f and go Breeders or Champion Stakes to end his career.

I think his price reflects more that he is unlikely to run rather than stay.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Joe there’s more chance of

Sir des Champs

running in the Arc than

Frankel

and thats only because he’s got a french name! :shock: Besides I’m not sure the RSPCA would let a horse who’s stamina is so much in question actually run! :shock: :lol:

• Total Posts 1533

Well Noble Mission certainly stays……just because he’s brilliant over a mile Gord doesn’t mean he wont get further. Frankel has so much class and he’s bound to be less playful a year on…with him anything is possible.

It’s Henry I worry about when it comes to the Arc he point blank refused to run Midday in the race despite the act the form book said she should. He simply doesn’t like the race, he’s never won it and most likely never will.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well Noble Mission certainly stays……just because he’s brilliant over a mile Gord doesn’t mean he wont get further. Frankel has so much class and he’s bound to be less playful a year on…with him anything is possible.

‘Noble Mission’ really is nothing like his brother Hurdy.When a horse wins the 2000gns in the style

Frankel

did tells you instantly he wont stay,No horse has that sort of speed over a mile and the stamina to win over 11/2m,just look at all the 11/2m horses who did win the Guineas,None won like that,not even the greatest of them all,’The Brave One’!
    My idea of this years Arc Winner is a horse…………Yes a horse……..The only horse to get within 1/2l of the monster they call ‘Frankel’………..A horse who has beaten an Arc Winner in ‘Workforce’………..A beast of a horse who has strengthened up into an imposing 4yo………..His name is …

NAAAAAAAAAAATHAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEL

25/1 wont last long now! 8)

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

After 3 consecutive foreign trained winners, what price a French trained winner?

• Total Posts 46

Camelot & Beauty Parlour would be my picks atm. Imperial Monarch also interesting I agree Darren

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Now scratching around for a bit of value among the French 3yo. Nathan is very keen on Beauty Parlour although it is very difficult to dissect her pedigree and come out any the wiser. Deep Impact has made an excellent start at stud but his progeny seem to stay better when coming from mares who did not stay as well as he did. This may of course be due to the different styles of racing in Japan where most of his progeny have run.
    Regardless of what might be expected, her current price of around 12/1 makes limited appeal as she has yet to race over further than a mile.

Andre Fabre trains

Masterstroke

for Godolphin. The son of Monsun and Melikah is bred for the job. He ran well enough in the Hocquart and a suitably light campaign bringing him back for the Prix Niel could pay dividends. Time to see what price can be matched on the machine.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

What’s Snow Fairy up to these days?

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

She was injured late last year and was reported to being aimed towards an autumn campaign.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

A bit disappointed to see Masterstroke running this afternoon, presumably as a prep for the Grand Prix de Paris next month. I’d much rather M. Fabre had put him away till the autumn. Such is life!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.