The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pricewise – wanna try?

Home Forums Racing Competitions Pricewise – wanna try?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

The first weekend of auditions to find the forumite(s) who can do a better job than the Racing Post’s Pricewise column at unearthing a weekly Saturday selection(s) and writing approx 500 words to accompany the selection has arrived.

This weeks two hopefuls are <b>Young Mick</b> and <b>MickyMo</b>.

To have a look at who they’re tipping and the spin they’ve put on it have a gander here –

https://theracingforum.co.uk/features/

Feel free to comment but please keep it constructive and clean!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Well done, MickyMo.

Just to point out that Ascot is right-handed and GMT has shown better form left-handed.

Colin

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Well done, MickyMo.

Just to point out that Ascot is right-handed and GMT has shown better form left-handed.

Colin

That’s what I meant lol, thanks for pointing it out.

David, can you edit that please as to prevent me from looking a prize prat.

Most of Greenwich Meantime’s best form is on left handed tracks and Ascot is right handed today was my point.

Cheers Colin for spotting my deliberate mistake :lol:

Mike

ps: And I promise, when I sent it to David it was nicely set out in paragraphs. I don’t know what happened there David with it all bunched together lol – it’s a bit hard on the eyes to read lol.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Duly edited Micky. Sorry about the paragraphs – fixed now – just getting to grips with the software we use on the Features section of the site. (It’s straightforward really, just me that’s a bit wanting)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Well done, Young Mick, and good luck!

Colin

Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

Cheers mate, it is harder than it looks :shock:

Looking forward to how others analyse races in the future

Young Mick

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

20/1 2nd :cry:
    (or 12/1 if you want to take yesterday’s prices)

Great ride by Yutaka Take, I knew that’s what he had to do, but just didn’t think he would do it.

Oh well, I am pleased with my efforts at getting an outsider so close – would have been a good winner if you take Leg Spinner out of the race, but it’s all if’s and but’s this game.

Mike

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Very unlucky both.

MickyMo hitting the crossbar with a 20/1 runner-up (advised e/w though) and Young Mick highlighting the chance of the eventual 9/1 winner but ducking out at the last minute in favour of the fav who finishes third.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Well done and hard luck to both

Young Mick – the Sweet Solera Stakes at 3:25 at NMK was also a Gr3 BTW – maybe you don’t count fillies only races!!

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Well done MickyMo – a grand selection which was in hindsight probably facing an impossible task against Leg Spinner but beat everything else comfortably enough.

And bad luck to Young Mick – got to the end of your write up and thought you were bound to select the Channon horse!

Young Mick
    • Total Posts 203

haha the market.. i handed it in and saw Halicarnassus at 20s with paddy power. But it does help just to research the races for your own benefit. I guarantee my strike rate would increase if I just chose to concentrate on one race a week and look into it in the detail which i did this. You pick out things the papers don’t.

Cheers lads in writing the article I rekon it has improved my tipping :lol:

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Unfortunately one of this weeks duo – Scribbles – has asked to postpone his entry due to workload while I haven’t heard from the other entrant, CarvillsHill so, no show this week.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

A truncated virtual Pricewise from the insomniac’s subs’ bench: :D

“The draw bores will be out in force today telling all and sundry that a high draw is necessary to win the day’s big betting race, the Great St Wilfrid at Yorkshire’s Garden racecourse, but I’m not so sure.

Most of the pace in the race is drawn low, as are the best horses and results this season suggest that the place to be is on the stands side. Two of the last three winners have been drawn in the middle.

Zomerlust was impressive at York the other day and is the likely favourite, but I just wonder whether the visor will work a second time and the Quinn horses aren’t quite firing the way they were earlier in the season.

In contrast, the Richard Fahey stable is in flying form at the moment and just behind in the York race was Philharmonic who travelled beautifully for much of that race before lack of fitness took it’s toll on the heavy ground.

There will be plenty of improvement to come, the horse is better off at the weights, has won his only start over course and distance, and it is likely that the shrewd Fahey yard has been targeting this race for some time. Drawn 6, it’s likely that the six year old will get a good tow and at 16/1, is a decent bet in a typically open race.

If the forecast rain doesn’t arrive, then rapidly improving Orpsie Boy is a big danger, though it is worth pointing out that this one needs to hear his hooves rattle and the Littmoden yard have had a generally torrid time in the past two months, (no horse placed in August)”

3.45 Ripon

2pts win Philharmonic 16/1 at various

Best of luck :D

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Excellent stuff, Max, good luck and well done, m’boy!

Colin

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Nice one Max, though there are at least 4 trainers, (including R Fahey), who think you may be wrong about the draw.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.