The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pricewise

Home Forums Horse Racing Pricewise

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    astrokan01
    • Total Posts 1

other than the racing post, where can you obtain Pricewise selections early morning or the night before?

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Someone used to post them on betfair the night before but I don’t think they do anymore.

Sorry, that’s not much help I know!

TipsterForm
    • Total Posts 17

Sometimes they are posted on Betfair forum around 10.30 the night before, but even by then the prices are gone on bf. There is definitely a pricewise leak somewhere.
    Pricewise is currently on a losing streak of 29 and down about 18 points this year according to our records.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

Having selected Quinz in the National, i’m wondering if PW has lost the plot? Did he tip up Gloria Victis too, after the horse won the RP Chase and then run out of it’s depth?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Tom Segal’s come across as a total guesser this year. His tips have been on nigh on abysmal + the 2 big winners he’s had were ridiculously lucky, namely Al Ferof at 25s (Tom said he’d bowl along in front) + Captain Chris at 16s (Tom said on the day of the race that he didn’t believe for a second that he’d have enough pace to win). He’s admitted he had a poor Cheltenham + a poor Aintree and he had an awful NFL season as well as a terrible Masters. Most overrated tipster there’ll ever be. He’s still living off that streak of 13 winners in a row in 2004. He didn’t even do well on The Morning Line quiz…

• Total Posts 660

Segal’s long term record is still very good and his selections always seem rational to me. However, maybe the market has caught up with his methods so it’s harder for him to find value. I remember Mel Collier used to be hot and is now cold and I imagine it’s the same for a lot of others.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I noticed Pricewise Extra was advertised in one of Scotland’s leading dailies on Saturday as having had ‘three consecutive winning months’ which didn’t seeem to square with recent comments on here about PEX performance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

I noticed Pricewise Extra was advertised in one of Scotland’s leading dailies on Saturday as having had ‘three consecutive winning months’ which didn’t seeem to square with recent comments on here about PEX performance.

In form or out of form, you don’t tip up a horse to be the first 7yo in 71 years to win a National. There are stats, then there are

stats

To tip up Quinz was lunacy.

360 degrees
    • Total Posts 161

Did they specify which 3 months?

I guess they didn’t – else, you could take it up with that leading daily.

Kickback
    • Total Posts 33

Captain Chris at 16s (Tom said on the day of the race that he didn’t believe for a second that he’d have enough pace to win)

Dug out my RP from the day in question. Pricewise page 35 “Captain Chris would be a huge threat if he gets his jumping act together and I don’t think for one minute he doesn’t have the pace to cope with a strongly run two miles.”

In form or out of form, you don’t tip up a horse to be the first 7yo in 71 years to win a National. There are stats, then there are

stats

To tip up Quinz was lunacy.

I must remember next year that a 7yo can not win the national. Well done on your winning lay.

To be honest I wish I had listened to him re Captain Chris – laid the horse heavily myself.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Aha, a crafty double negative. I knew there was a reason why I hated them. My bad, Tom…

Participant
    • Total Posts 1416

I never said that a 7yo absolutely

cannot

win a National, just that any tipster worth his salt wouldn’t take that kind of leap of faith. It was no more likely to happen than Don’t Push It winning a second time, even though that is not to say it

cannot

happen.

TipsterForm
    • Total Posts 17

Tom put up WORLD DOMINATION last week in his Pricewise Five to Follow. After it won on Saturday first time out it was offered at no bigger than 8/1 for the Derby.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.