The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prayers, please !!!

Home Forums Horse Racing Prayers, please !!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 276

Had a speculative £2.50 ew accumulator today …

Gallic Star 25/1
    Purple Moon 25/1 … (thanks to Pricewise)
    Greyfriarschorista 40/1

…. all going on Bowdlers Magic 20/1 in the 5.35

Trying not to think about how much is rolling on :shock:

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

About £6k if he’s placed?

I’d get on betfair and get laying him for a place (currently 5.9)

• Total Posts 276

Don’t do Betfair, Librettist … only small time punter … avoid Betfair and don’t hold telephone accounts any more … wise enough to recognise I have an addictive personality trait and have always kept it under control … the same reason I avoid fruit machines and all other computer games such as X-Box, Play Station & Wii :) and certainly don’t feel as though I’m missing anything !!

Que sera sera … still debating whether to watch it or not on the red button :roll:

• Total Posts 1083

Very unlucky Mate, tremendous effort there.

I backed Moore in the last, thought I had it.

• Total Posts 276

Stone cold last :) … you’ve got to laugh … got caught wide from the break and never looked happy … then got murdered in the straight when on the retreat

£7,500 for a place !!! … c’est la vie

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Unlucky there fella, he had a rotten trip most of the way. I had a lumpy each way bet on Berling at 13/2 so I too am wondering what might have been!

• Total Posts 276

Berling certainly the one to take away from the race … except every man and his dog will want to be on him next time !!

• Total Posts 1083

People are complaining about Aherns ride in that race (atr)

• Total Posts 276

Just looked again at Ahern’s ride … wouldn’t want to be overly critical.

Didn’t have the tactical speed out of stall 20 to take a good position on the rail (nearly said pozzy !!) and got caught in traffic on the home turn … then got murdered by Paul Hanagan on Life and Soul just as he looked for a gap after which he had to switch around the whole field for his run … by which time of course the leaders had flown … winner won well mind you !!

• Total Posts 1083

Just looked again at Ahern’s ride … wouldn’t want to be overly critical.

Didn’t have the tactical speed out of stall 20 to take a good position on the rail (nearly said pozzy !!) and got caught in traffic on the home turn … then got murdered by Paul Hanagan on Life and Soul just as he looked for a gap after which he had to switch around the whole field for his run … by which time of course the leaders had flown … winner won well mind you !!

Hahaha.

Love that….

"Ryan Moore’s got a lovely pozzy behind the leader!"

I’d never noticed it until someone mentioned it on here yesterday
    or the day before, but when he said it today, it made me laugh :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Just looked again at Ahern’s ride … wouldn’t want to be overly critical…

[snip]

… winner won well mind you !!

He did indeed. Dandino has provided huge and unexpected pleasure for his owners, from extremely modest beginnings (unplaced in a back-end Newcastle maiden!) Now he’s developed a turn of foot to add to his stamina, plus a great fighting spirit.

No more handicaps now, of course. We’re told that he’s a possible for the St Leger (14-1 with Ladbrokes.) Next stop will be the Gordon Stakes at Goodwood, or perhaps the Great Voltigeur. I’m still (blissfully) staggered by his improvement.

Ah the marvel that is horse racing….

sovies friend
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Pinza I apologise for the delay in the response to this thread I’ve been out of the country fro some time Well said About Dandino he has been a revelation this season for a horse bead to be a Hurdler I can’t wait to see him in the flesh on the 10th July.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.