Pot Luck 3

This topic contains 160 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  greenasgrass 16 hours, 27 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • Author

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Laurens couldn’t do the treble but Iridessa thoroughly deserved the win

5.40 Lis Bentham 3-1 1pt win

Should like the ground and hopefully typical Cromwell trained Jeremy improver.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

+21.5
    Pts staked 25.5

A good day. Looking forward to Bentham over hurdles. About as pleased with the EW for Magic Wand as anything else. She is a tough little cookie and always tries her best.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Got to back my TTF horses but none have the best chance so lumped them all together

Fairyland/Pink Dogwood/Southern France win treble 676-1 0.5pt

More sensible bets
    13.55 Curr Goddess 3-2 0.5pt win
    14.50 Lon Star Catcher 9-4 0.5pt win
    15.00 Curr Albigna 7-4 0.5pt win

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Well done today Grass, good stuff.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Should’ve kept the faith with Fairyland alone :rose:
    Star Catcher limits the damage so a couple more bets on Ireland’s last big Flat day:

Curragh
    3.35 Arizona 8-1 0.5pt win
    4.10 Southern France 12-1 0.5Pt ew

The former is a gorgeous big colt with scope for improvement.
    The latter is a big boat but he’s my big boat.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Great White Shark the rightful favourite in the mares hurdle at Galway but I am going to give her stablemate Dont Hesitate at chance too. I saw her at Down Royal last year and she was quite tiny but they must have thought a bit of her to pitch her into a G3 on her second start. Bred to go today’s trip on the ground too.

5.15 Gal Don’t Hesitate 11/2 0.5pt win w/o Great White Shark.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

+20
    Pts staked 199.5

Don’t Hesitate didn’t hurdle very well, popping up like a cork at each one for the first half of the race. She was a bit more fluent after that but emptied out very quickly round about the second last and just went backwards.
    Reckon GWS’ mistake at a crucial point cost her a lot of momentum, and likely she wasn’t pushed too hard with Newmarket in mind, but she may not quite have got to the winner anyway.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

1.50 Sligo Moskovite 5/2 1pt win

She has drifted a lot in the past few minutes; I’m no paddock judge but she doesn’t look fat to me anyway. Has run in a PTP and was good hurdler albeit may need the run and an extra half mile.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Well she didn’t look like she was enjoying the ruck of horses- Le Hachette took her ground at one point too- but she was game enough when she got fresh air in front of her and got out of the pack to win over this unsuitably short trip. I had been looking at the 3rd horse Belle West when I opened the card half an hour ago and was thinking hmm why is she 66s in a 8+ runner race, what’s the catch? So I was watching her only previous chase start to check she isn’t a horrible jumper before I put on a place bet…when I had finished watching the video she had been knocked down to 18s. I always sulk when I miss prices like that so didn’t bet her…was just glad she didn’t beat mine!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

2.25 Sligo My Manekineko 7-1 0.5pt win

Never going to stun the world but ran well last time. Doesn’t have to give as much weight to Captain Cobajay as when they last met too.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

I should have considered the tightness for space in the track and the previous race before I backed a holdup horse. Ah well.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

Last of the adventurous big spenders:

2.55 Sligo
    0.5 pt place only:
    Thecraicisninety evs
    The King of Brega 3-1

Former is a nice looking chaser, should do better back over fences
    Later grand servant for trainer in form

Harrington horse could be good but some of her horses a little below par lately perhaps.
    Good old Cliff House deserves a win! But enough risk of him getting done again not to back him.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

3.30 Sligo Ayr of Elegance 4/1 0.5pt win

14 beginners on a tight track- what could possibly go wrong?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

I’ll sit the next one out and just back the Mullins horse in the race after. Won a weird beginners where everything else fell over early on , then 3rd to two of “my” horses.

4.30 Sligo Pont Aven evs 2pts win

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2412

+19.5
    Pts staked 204.5

Hey ho, down 50p for the day. Should have quit after the first! Cap d’aubois jumped nicely out in front and just got a bit tired. Might keep an eye on him.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.