The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Postdata

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Postdata

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

I am getting heartily fed up with the internet version of the RP.

On more than one occasion the Postdata selection at the bottom of the card is different to the one shown in the selection box. It is frustrating in the extreme when you are trying to devise a selection system. I’ve noticed too that even Topspeed has, on occasions, ‘selected’ a horse that isn’t actually top rated – again very ambiguous for the system builder.

2.10 at Notts today – Cop Hill Lad is the Postdata selection under the card but go to the selection box and the Postdata selection is Billy Allen.:angry:

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5829

This is frustrating for you Snowman.

I think a lot of people base their systems around this data.  I did read somewhere that some people either just use the "on-line" version and ignore the "paper" and vice versa.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I noticed that .. it seems that they go through the process of checking all of the horses and making their selection. Then completely ignore that and select what they think will win. I ignore the selections altogether and just pick what ever is top rated.

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Hi Matron & Dave’ J.

Yes Matron I perhaps didn’t explain my gripe too well. I DO in fact only use the internet version and it was the difference between the card and selection box BOTH on the internet version that got my dander up.

Dave I tend to agree with you, but if they don’t have the confidence in their ratings what chance do we have?!

As a point of interest I do in fact deal with this apparent anomaly by choosing the highest rated.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Especially when the one that’s top rated wins @ 5/1 .. :laugh: .. clever aren’t they ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.