The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pineau De Re

Home Forums Horse Racing Pineau De Re

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Hearing the Stewards at Cheltenham are enquiring about the run of Pineau De Re under the non-triers rule. About bloody time too that they investigate this type of cheating.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

What nonsense explanation from the trainer ‘noted’. Then again no-one on this site seems to care either…

Participant
    • Total Posts 960

I think everyone knew that Pineau is being prepared for one race only this year. I just find it a shame that trainers are now running national contenders over hurdles to protect their handicap marks. Add this to Balthazar King now heading straight to Aintree as he runs better fresh and it adds to the disappointment that we don’t see the best horses running enough.

rob2005
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Interesting as well that Barry Geragthy was saying on ATR this morning how the modern facilities and methods mean bringing a horse off of a long absence is ‘easier’ to do nowadays, yet in the last month i’ve lost count of how many trainers/jockeys of jumps horses have said "needed the run" or "will come on for the run"

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Hearing the Stewards at Cheltenham are enquiring about the run of Pineau De Re under the non-triers rule. About bloody time too that they investigate this type of cheating.

I did hear something mentioned briefly on Channel four, but could find nothing more.

What did the trainer say about Pineau poor run.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Trainer said the horse got unreasonably tired in the bad ground…. yeah it would do when its doing anything but trying to win

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

I think everyone knew that Pineau is being prepared for one race only this year. I just find it a shame that trainers are now running national contenders over hurdles to protect their handicap marks.

Would have thought it was far more likely his handicap mark would come down rather than go up if running in handicap chases off 151 although it may not apply in the National with Phil (Tinker) Smith applying the "Aintree factor" which should no longer apply now it’s just another long distance handicap chase.

Last 2 winners of the race have been bad jumpers, not especially well handicapped but an abundance of stamina, which is what’s required these days.

It’s more about trying to avoid injury and to get to Aintree in one piece, you need to win a lot of handicap chases to get the £561k you get for winning the National.

They should all run off their current handicap rating, that would possibly encourage horses like Pineau to run in chases as they would be very likely to get their rating down by the time of the National.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.