Perth today

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4245

A mulish effort from The Village who was once again very reluctant to race and recorded a third last place in three completed chases. It seems clear to me that the gelding simply isn’t a racehorse and it’s time to pull stumps and move on. Hopefully he can be sent for retraining.

I’ve suggested to MRC members that we should be looking to lease in the short term and then maybe buy another horse once finances permit. It would be nice to be racing a horse that a) has a reasonable expectation of at least placing on occasion, and b) is not having us worrying whether or not he will start.

I’ve seen plenty in racing to keep the faith in the short term. I just hope we can move on to something a little bit more successful, or less unsuccessful!

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4245

All seem of the opinion that The Village should retire from racing and he is now likely to go for re-training. He maybe many things, but it’s clear he is not a racehorse and I suspect we have been kidding ourselves for a little too long that he might be.

MRC now have decisions to make going forward. From communications since yesterday I suspect it most likely we will save up the subs for a few months and then go to the Sales for a new horse.

Rob

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4245

A postscript to yesterday’s race:

1. Lucinda Russell was warned the horse would be reported to the BHA if he misbehaved again. Shouldn’t be an issue assuming he’s retired.
    2. Deryck Fox got a four day ban for inappropriate use of the whip at the start as he attempted to get The Village to start. A ‘damned if you do and damned if you don’t issue’ for the jockey in this instance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.