The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

PERCENTAGES

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems PERCENTAGES

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

HI LADS
    Can anybody tell me or do they no, the best web sites to find out the information for the past 5 10 15 and20 years if possible, what was the longest run and average run of consecutive winning favorites, and what was the average prices returned.

THANK YOU
    PAUL

snowman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 554

Paul

Adrian Massey’s site will give you some excellent stats on winning runs of favs.

His stats go back to 1991 I believe, so not quite as far as you were asking, but a pretty long way nevertheless.

Once on his site look for the favourites statistics button, you can choose ‘All Races’ or just 2 or 3 year olds or Handicaps etc. When you’ve decided scroll down to the bottom and you’ll get a table of longest runs of winners and longest runs of losers for that category.

Hope this helps 8)

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

arkle55,

It is possible to estimate the probability of a sequence of losers or winners if you know the average price of the horses you are backing.

The formula for a losing sequence is:

P = (1- Prob W) raised to the power N

where P is the probability of the losing sequence on a scale of 0 to 1, 0 being impossible and 1 being certain(so, 0.5 is evens)

Prob W is the probability of a win, in this case average odds, converted into probabilities on a scale of 0 to 1.

N is the number of bets in the sequence.

I have an Excel Spreadsheet which covers a variety of odds and goes up to a sequence of 12. If you would like me to email it to you, PM me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.