The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

PDC Darts

Home Forums General Sports PDC Darts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Anyone got a view on this?

I’ve backed:

Van Barneveld @ 4/1
    Wade @ 14/1
    T Jenkins @ 40/1

Phil Taylor looks the obvious choice now he’s come back to form, but if I was having another bet today it would be Jenkins as 16/1 still represents each way value

Roll on the BDO Lakeside champs in the New Year as I’ve backed Mark Webster from 25/1 to 12/1 and reckon he’s going to pay for my Xmas!

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Regarding the BDO, I have to say that I think Anderson is a throw in, pardon the pun :lol: . Obviously his odds reflect his chance so I won’t be having a bet, though I agree that Webster has a great chance if Anderson under performs.

As for the PDC, then I don’t really have any opinions, I’m just going to watch and have fun. I might back Michael Van Gerwen each way and to beat Taylor in the first round – should be a cracker.

Good luck.

Mike

ps: Well done on getting those prices, god knows where you got them from – you must have placed those bets some time ago did you?

Barny is best priced 5/2
    Wade is best priced 6/1
    Jenkins is best priced 14/1
    Webster is best priced 12/1

That means you have got at least double the current price on at 3 of the 4 players. Why don’t you just lay them off now, you can’t lose :D

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Hi Mike

Believe it or not, but I’ve actually had a good few quid on Anderson as well at 10/3 & 3/1! Stopped backing him though when the draw was made as don’t like the look of his probable 2nd round match v Simon Whitlock – a real tough one. Webster on the other hand has a pretty straight forward route to the Semis and EW half the odds = 6/1 to make the final which is massive value IMO

Yes, my bets are pretty historic….

Jenkins is with Ladbrokes in March
    Webster (25/1) Bl Sq May
    Webster (12/1) 5 bookies in the last 2 weeks 8)
    Barney – 2 weeks ago with Sid James
    Wade – An Aussie firm called Lassetters after he won in Dublin and was best priced 6/1 in the UK. And they gave me a free bet :oops:

Darts has been very kind to me over the years and reckon it’s because me & my punting mate know more about it than most of the odds complilers!

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Forgot to say, I wouldn’t try & put you off van Gerwen either

Over 5/1 on the exchanges is too big for a player that’s already beaten Taylor and may have a few £’s on myself

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Well good luck mate, you obviously love your darts and know far more than I do on it.

Most people who read this side of the forum will realise I love any sport. I really do watch it every minute I’m awake – and I know that is very sad lol.

There is nothing like watching live sport, and the darts provide great atmosphere. I just hope that the move from the Circus Tavern doesn’t have a negative effect on the atmosphere. I’m just watching the first night and the new arena looks pretty big and the atmosphere is not that great – I hope it gets better, but I’m sure it will for Van Gerwen v Taylor tomorrow.

Once again, good luck with your bets. I think the one thing that stands out about your ante-post bets is that backing golfers, football teams, dart players or whatever ante-post is a lot safer than backing a horse ante-post. At least you know the dart player or the golfer is going to turn up for the gig :D

Mike

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

As a Champion Hurdle Iktitaf punter I know what you’re saying re Ante Post

The atmosphere has to get better – I watched the Lloyd match which finished at 12.15AM and there could have been no more that 100 people left!

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi Perpetual,

Yes, it was pretty dull at 00:15 wasn’t it. Lloyd played dreadful and deserved to lose.

I’ve had a few fun bets tonight.

All of the favourites to win 3-0 (40/1).
    A 9 darter in tonight’s session (33/1).
    Van Gerwen to win 3-0 (20/1)
    Van Gerwen to win beat Taylor (9/2) – more of a serious bet as I think he is overpriced.

Good luck if you have any bets.

Mike

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

A little nibble of Van Gerwen at 6.6 on Betfair is my lot for tonight. Good luck with your bets

Ben

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

plus a few quid on Clarke to beat Scholten – just to make it a bit more interesting

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi Ben,

Well what a night – it’s still going as I type but I’m in a win-win situation on the last match so I’m going to recover my losses lol.

All games went to the final set, what excitement. I was gutted Van Gerwen couldn’t hit that double 12, but he had plenty of opportunities so I/we can’t complain that he got beat (have you ever seen Taylor play so bad).

Anyway, going into the last game, as all the previous fav’s had won 3-2, I backed King to win 3-2 at 6/1. When Rosenauer squared the match at 2-2 then went 2-0 down in the final set he was available at 9/1 so I backed him. No matter who wins I’m on a 7/2 or 4/1 winner (or thereabouts). LIke I say, it gets back my Van Gerwen money lol.

There’s always tomorrow :lol:

Mike

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

PS: There’s about 20 people left in the arena for this match, 12 of them are staff :lol:

Mike

BRING BACK THE CIRCUS TAVERN

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

What price was van Kerwen in-running?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

What price was van Kerwen in-running?

I’m not sure David. He started the match at 6.6 on Betfair, and then lost the first set 3-0 so I imagine he would have drifted to around 10.

He then went 2-1 up in sets and he went to 4/11 with Ladbrokes, while Taylor was available at 9/4. I tried to back Taylor at that price but as soon as I submitted my bet Van Gerwen missed a double and the 9/4 about Taylor went to 6/4. If I’d have got 9/4 for Taylor I would have been in another win-win situation.

During the last set, the prices fluctuated with almost every dart that was thrown, but it was generally something like 4/7 Taylor, 5/4 Van Gerwen – and then when Van Gerwen threw well it went 8/11 Van Gerwen, 11/10 Taylor or something similar. The problem was, because both players played so fast, it was almost impossible to get a bet on without the odds changing.

Out of the 8 matches that have been played so far, 7 have finished 3-2. For the favourite in each match to win 3-2, the odds are about 6/1 (like King was), so from now on I am just going to bet this – then hope the match goes to 2-2 and then back the other player at around 5/2, or even more if he loses the first game in the final set.

Mike

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I backed Van Gerwen at 6.4 but couldn’t get to a computer last night to lay off and it was agony seeing him miss a couple of chances to win (I think he had a tough 3-dart out at one stage as well as the D12 he missed). Cracking match though. You can see Taylor going on from this now. He (Taylor) was matched at 16 on the outright which I presume was last night at some stage.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Unlucky David.

It would have been a great time to be besides your machine. If Van Gerwen was 4/11 on Ladbrokes I imagine he would have been abour 1.3 on BF, what a great lay bet that would have been having backed him to win at 6.4.

If anyone out there is a backer and layer, then you must be beside your machine for these matches as the prices fluctuate dramatically with every throw – it’s almost impossible not to get in a win win situation (even if for small money) once you get a close game. The only problem is that you have to be very quick lol.

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.