The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paul Hunter Loses Battle with Cancer

Home Forums General Sports Paul Hunter Loses Battle with Cancer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stolenhorse
    • Total Posts 46

Snooker player has sadly lost his battle with cancer. Throughout his illness Paul remained cheerful, bright and determined. He was a credit to the sport and above all a credit to himself. Aged just 27, and leaving behind a young wife and baby daughter, his death truly puts life into perspective. As a great player, and a great man, he shall be dearly missed.

Utmost sympathy to his family and friends at this time.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Very, very sad news and a stark reminder to us all that we should cherish each moment we have.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>A real tragedy that such a great guy is struck down like this at such a young age.

I’m a big snooker fan so must have seen Paul play about 50 times on telly over the last 8 years or so and until he was struck down it wasn’t a case of if he was going to be world champion, it was when.

My thoughts are with his beautiful & charming wife Lyndsey, their 10 month old daughter & their respective friends & families.

RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

I’m way behind here because I so rarely look into "Other Sports", but I want to echo the sentiments.

I loved Paul Hunter when he appeared on "Superstars" a few years ago. He was so utterly and totally out of his leauge (wouldn’t any snooker player be?) and yet he went through the competition with such a resigned and yet dignified grace.

He was one of those who lightened up whatever he was involved with – and to echo Cormack a reminder that we are here for such a short time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.