The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paul Cole

Home Forums Horse Racing Paul Cole

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi everyone

I want to get a full picture of this trainer, please add any information no matter how small or seemingly insignificant. He strikes me as being rather unassuming and laid back.  After reading yesterdays RP "Stable Tour" I will add honest to that duo.<br>………………………………………………………………………….<br>Genari<br>4 g Generous – Sari<br>00600-5

"I think he’s got a serious chance at Southwell today, as he’s in good nick. ……… working better than last year, and it will be difficult to find excuses if he is beaten."<br>………………………………………………………………………….

1st  Genari  6/1

Eventually I will pull it all together and produce a report.

byefrom<br>carlisle

(Edited by carlisle at 7:40 am on May 16, 2007)

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

http://www.pficole.co.uk/<br>

(Edited by carlisle at 7:47 am on May 16, 2007)

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Shocking website.

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi rory

it’s not that bad. What do you think is wrong with it?  I know the video is too small, and generally it’s a bit boring.

byefrom<br>carlisle

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

I like his 2yo for sale called Animator, which he describes as "a good walker".

That should come in handy.

Mike

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3089

<br>Mike,

Sounds like the ideal sort for cartoon racing.

AP

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Almost certainly badly drawn though…

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

I’ve always been a little ambivalent about Paul Cole since reading — oh, 7 or 10 years back — that his establishment was voted the Worst place of employment in a survey by the Stablelads Association ???<br>Conditions sounded something akin to a Sugar Plantation from the 18th century, but I guess things have changed for the better by now.

(Edited by hoofhearted at 3:38 pm on May 16, 2007)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

He’s looking for a Van Driver at the moment but I’d say hoofhearted’s post above has put a dent in any enthusiasm anybody may have had for the position.

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi gang

I will resist the temptation of slagging you all. I know you’re bursting to say something intelligent, instead of sniggering like schoolboys.  Oh the sight of the strain on those uniforms. A homosexual cure if ever there was one.

Think, I vaguely remember a book about Paul Cole, does anyone know it’s title?

byefrom<br>carlisle

Ps hoofhearted that was a fair comment, mate.<br>

(Edited by carlisle at 4:27 pm on May 16, 2007)

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

I noticed that the RP twice made reference to Mr Cole’s tipping abilities.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Carlisle,

the website content is full of errors with race names and horse names rendered incorrectly; it doesn’t inspire confidence. Consider this mythical exchange:

PC: has that two year old been shod yet?<br>Head Lad: the one that was lame yesterday?<br>PC: only because of a poorly fitted shoe, but that’s the one.<br>HL: right. You definitely said "shod" did you?<br>PC: of course I did!<br>HL: not "shot" then.<br>PC: no!!!<br>HL: oops…….

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi rory

I see what you mean, I haven’t read it that carefully. There as some pretty pictures on it though and it does give you a feel for the place.

I am right in thinking that Johnny Francome is his landlord?  I wonder how that came about.

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2152

"Data analysed Nov-96 to Nov-06.  Only trainers who had at least 100 unique owners analysed.   Article created 10-Nov-06. Stats may have changed since.":

http://www.flatstats.co.uk/articles/tra … wners.html

includes the following:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><br>This column shows the percentage of owners who won at least £10,000 in prize money. Paul Cole is the best with 55% of his owners winning at least £10,000.

This column shows the percentage of owners who won at least £25,000 in prize money. Again Paul Cole is the best with 37% of his owners winning at least £25,000. <br><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

<br>though there is a quote at the top of the page:

"…which equates to an investment of nearly £30,000 in your first year.    As the table shows, few owners will recover that initial cost."

<br>best regards

wit

(Edited by wit at 11:00 am on May 17, 2007)

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi wit

thanks for that I will check it out.

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.