The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paul Bittar – Daily Telegraph interviews incoming BHA CEO

Home Forums Horse Racing Paul Bittar – Daily Telegraph interviews incoming BHA CEO

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4609

I am just about to start a thread to open debate on your views on the role of the punter. I differ from you but that doesn’t stop it being an interesting topic, I’m sure it’ll attract some heated debate. Your ears may well get hot!!

My ears will not be hot at all – I am perfectly happy with my position but fully accept there are others, undoubtedly the majority who hold a contrary opinion.

I respect their right to hold that opinion, even if I do not agree and I hope they will equally respect my right to hold mine.

I will watch the debate with interest although it is highly unlikely I will join in.

MaoriVenture
    • Total Posts 94

That £140m is training fees which, presumably, goes to the trainers.

Surely most of that money goes to paying stable staff, horse feed, yard costs etc

Doubt the 140m (based on 800 training fees per month) includes vets bills, entries, raceday expenses including travelling etc?

Very expensive game for an owner, and if I had a horse in training, would be more inclined to go to France or USA

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.