The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Pat’s Saturday Handicaps

Home Forums Racing Competitions Pat’s Saturday Handicaps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1471

Not seen much of Pat since the covid 19 lockdown, hope he’s okay. Liked his Saturday handicap comp and not wanting to intrude on his comp I might take over his comp.
    I’ll be putting up on Friday night the most likely trickiest handicap, but if for some reason it doesn’t run then I won’t be able to change anything as Saturday afternoon I’ll be at work. I’ll update scores on Sunday.

The comp will last 26 weeks so from 11th July to 2nd January, with a minimum of 22 week completed to qualify in the scoring.

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1471

Like Pat’s comp you pick 2 separate horses one for the win and one for the place. Any number of reserves can be picked.

I will score them according to SP and places are always a quarter of the SP odds.

Field sizes under 16 will be first 3 placings
    Field sizes at 16 to 20 will be first 4 placings
    Field sizes over 20 will be first 5 placings

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Hi Rummy.. :bye:
    It would be nice to have Pat’s Handicap competition back on Saturdays and really hope that all is well with him.
    It’s nice that you want to carry this on for him.

Just a suggestion … along with the usual format of picking the winner and a place horse if you pick the 1st and 2nd horse you get paid out the forecast dividend. Not sure how many times that happened in Pat’s competition but it could be rewarding if you get the extra points and produce a surprise finish if big prices are involved. just a thought. :mail: Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1471

Thanks for the suggestion Jac, the were many times I got first 2 in Pat’s competition. Think it’s a good idea and will consider it :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

:good: Thanks Neil :good:
    Will look forward to it whatever you decide.. :rose: Jac

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 295

Thanks for considering to do this Neil! :good: Love the competitions on the forums here :) I sure hope Pat is okay – I was wondering about him just the other day.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Does anyone on the site have contact with Pat outside of TRF. It would be good to get
    an update and to ensure Pat is okay, it is very worrying, I know you’d be just the man
    for the job Neil and the competition would be in safe hands, but I’m hoping that Pat
    gets back to us safe and sound and can carry on. I wonder if Admin or VTC might have
    enough information to make some discreet enquiry?

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 556

I hope no one minds me giving my opinion on this, considering that it’s a competition I don’t partake in.

Would it not be worth holding on to actually determine if Pat is ok before starting the competition. This would surely be priority, and perhaps wait and see how admin get on. I do share peoples concerns of course, and firstly, I hope that Pat is ok. Hopefully he is safe and well, and he maybe just got a bit fed up with the competitions, as his ante-post competition was a bit of a mess last season.

On another note, and again I’m aware that this is a competition I don’t take part in, but surely this competition is crying out for one selection only, rather than adding in the complication of people getting points for a forecast.

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Hello to everyone

I do enjoy taking part in this competition and all being well will do so again.

However in reply to the view given by Kris today I have to agree 100% with his position
    on finding out about Pat and I am sure we all hope he is ok.

As for a change in scoring this is a debate for when we know about Pat and can find out his
    view, although I think as a general rule, if it works why make a change.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

100% that we need to know if Pat is safe and well and wants to come back and host his Handicap competition again..not having any real close contact with each other is a worrying point and knowing that Pat is quite a conscientious and competitive player I am getting very worried about him.. Jac :rose:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

I said on the Ante post thread, a bit worried about Pat. Hope he is okay
    Neil, I don’t see it as you intruding and as long as you keep it in Pats name I think he would be please that you have thought to look after it for him until he comes back.
    is Pats surname Star or Starr?, I seem to recall something like that in some of the telegraph comps.
    I will take a bash on twitter / facebook later see if I can come across him on one of those

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

I’ll get my old detective’s head on as well Nathan, does anyone know what neck of the
    wood Pat hails from or what he did/does work wise ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

I’d guess the midlands BigG but wouldn’t bet on it, he sent me the Nassau Stakes race on a homemade DVD of Ouija Board’s winning race and I’m thinking midlands might have been mentioned via pm but long deleted. Admin might be the best bet, they may have an email address
    I’m in the middle of going through 5,000 + follows of TRF twitter page whilst watching the snooker.

Member since March 2008
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

No luck on twitter
    I’ve found on the telegraph comps his name is Patrick Starrs

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Cheers Nathan, I’m still on the hunt too :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.