The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Patrick Merrigan

Home Forums Horse Racing Patrick Merrigan

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 252

I felt sorry for him,Alphabetical hung on a lot better than usual,he has had a wind operation since his last run according to the Racing Post analysis.

If you go to back a certainty always buy a return ticket.

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 546

Didn’t see the race and while he may have been harshly treated surely the better course would have been to do his moaning in private rather than gobbing off to the press.

The stewards think (rightly or wrongly) that they have been lenient and I would have thought that he needs to show a more mature attitude if he’s to make a go of it this time round.

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

That is the bloke’s character though – wears his heart very much on his sleeve. I’ll never forget his reaction to falling at the last on Special Envoy last year at Haydock. He’s come back after months out the saddle and been collared with what is in my mind an unjustified penalty, explained brilliantly above by Jeremy.

Can’t fault Merrigan for voicing his frustrations.

GhostofTheFellow
    • Total Posts 410

Yes hes all guts and glory,speaks his mind and i like that.

If he sorts himself out he could be one hell of a jockey

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 546

But surely he needs to to take a more considered approach to things or he will just end up back where he was as the biggest waste of his undoubted talent on the scene at present.

Just saying that "that’s how he is" is not helpful to his career prospects. He must aspire to harnessing his gift and not making life difficult for himself.
    Others have done it, so must he or he’ll never fulfill his promise.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.