The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Patrick Donaghy, claiming 7 lb

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Patrick Donaghy, claiming 7 lb

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Anyone know anything about this guy?

Just seen him give Alonso de Guzman a very well-judged ride ( <!– s:D –>:D<!– s:D –> ) at Wolverhampton.

According to my records he had ridden just 15 winners before tonight, the first of them in 2005. He has, however, hit a purple patch lately, with A de G seemingly his ninth winner in less than seven weeks.

It’s hard to believe that he has become an overnight sensation after more than two years of doing little.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1906

He spent most of last season riding Mel’s no hopers (ironically one of those Qaasi has just completed a double of banded wins in the last).
    I believe he is now based with Pat Haslam and has had a couple of winners for him as well as Alonso De Guzman and the in form Tartatartufata.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Pruf – not seen the race but given connections I’d take with a pinch of salt Donaghy’s role in most of those wins (if they are for Messrs Boyle and the Khan brothers)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

You’re not the only one who has been impressed with him of late. He’s a very useful tool with 7lb on these Derek Shaw horses that McKeown has been riding. Take into account his 7 lb claim and the improvement Tartutartufata has shown of late is probably not as shocking as first seems. Check out his front running ride on Alto Vertigo at the start of the month too.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Hmmmm, Angel Jacobs 10 year ban was in 1998 wasn’t it…. :shock:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Can’t say I saw it that way. Nabir is an utter rogue in any case.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Has Nabir probably not run as well as it was entitled judged on recent efforts, beaten only by the one horse that wasn’t exposed as being very limited or a dodgepot.

If you are desperate to criticise him, have a look at his ride on Alonso de Guzman at Wolverhampton on the 9th Jan where he probably overdid things trying to compensate for dropping back in trip and set the race up for the winner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.