The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Passage Of Time

Home Forums Horse Racing Passage Of Time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Fantastic to see HRA Cecil back in the Winners’ Enclosure in Group 1 company.

Get the flag flying, Sir Henry.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Yeah Henry’s had an awful time over the last few years (relatively speaking) so its great to see him have some success again.

Be nice to see him get back to somewhere near where he was with some high quality horses again.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Plenty of critics reckoned that he has had more than his fair share of success in the past and had forgotten how to train a top horse.In practice some of his top owners passed away or changed their training plans.<br>A charming and affable man towards racegoers, I’ve never begruged him one last good horse, accepting that the yard will never return to its former strength at this time in his career.<br>Congratulations to him and to Abdulla on being top owner in France- a great year for a genuine if powerful owner/breeder organisation.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Brilliant stuff – one of my all time racing heroes and great to see him back up there where he belongs.

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Seconded

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Watch it running in Godolphin blue next year LOL

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from Racing Daily on 11:59 pm on Nov. 12, 2006[br]Watch it running in Godolphin blue next year LOL

<br>Now that would seriously annoy me. Prince Khalid doesn’t need the money anyway he can tell them where to shove their offer. ;)

<br>

(Edited by The Market Man at 1:31 am on Nov. 13, 2006)

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from Racing Daily on 11:59 pm on Nov. 12, 2006[br]Watch it running in Godolphin blue next year LOL<br>

Juddmonte will sell those that don’t fit their breeding programme but I can’t recall them selling a potential classic winner to Godolphin or anyone else.<br>As has been said, they also don’t need the money

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

You’re wrong, Lingfield. Lateen Sails was sold to Godolphin in 2002 after winning his sole juvenile start in the Abdullah colours. He started favourite for Refuse To Bend’s Guineas but finished last.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Thanks for the correction Gus, you’re indeed right though it was a good sale with hindsight!

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

It was a good sale but I remember posting on here at the time to the effect that it was a bit depressing as Lateen Sails looked a very promising horse.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Yes, Godolphin certainly make some good and bad buys.<br>Smith and Elsworth must still be chuckling on their way to the bank have sold a horse as ordinary as The Geezer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.