The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paco Boy – Jesus Christ Almighty!

Home Forums Horse Racing Paco Boy – Jesus Christ Almighty!

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Looks like this beast has improved yet again, what a performance – he has literally cantered all over 115+ rated horses.

If that was a prep for Lockinge then thats the miling division sewed up this year because you quiet frankly have no chance against him.

Only tiredness or injury will get him beat over the mile.

Are you P****d or what? Paco Boy will lose more than he wins this season! What sort of comment is "Only tiredness" will get him beat? jesus Christ almighty! :lol:

• Total Posts 629

I hope that they can keep him fresh enough to make it back to Longchamp for the Foret…if some of the others show up – it should be a decent race!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I certainly would not be getting carried away with todays performance, fair play he did win well but he was racing against poor quality horses so if he couldnt win easily against that bunch then he would have no place in Group ones this year.

For what its worth the best chance he has of winning a Group one this year is the Lockinge at Newbury, Aiden O Brien rarely targets it and RIP VW wont make an appearence until Ascot, the best milers dont really target the race and it may well be his best chance of group one mile success.

He doesnt have a chance at Ascot, the Sussex or QEII…

• Total Posts 629

All this talk about the Rip!

What trip will he be best at? Anyone want to speculate on this?!

Don’t the best have a better race record than him?

IE: they win more than they place?

He beat a knackered ‘Paco’ at Goodwood – it was set up for him…
    Don’t be fooled!

The best racing is on an international level – like the Olympics…

Not hand picked…

Ardrossthegreat
    • Total Posts 303

Paco was impressive today but the race IMHO was inconclusive for a form point of view……….wasnt a particularly fast run race and IMHO the opposition wasnt up to much as much as i like Paco.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

All this talk about the Rip!

What trip will he be best at? Anyone want to speculate on this?!

Don’t the best have a better race record than him?

IE: they win more than they place?

He beat a knackered ‘Paco’ at Goodwood – it was set up for him…
    Don’t be fooled!

The best racing is on an international level – like the Olympics…

Not hand picked…

Though he will probably stay 10f better than he did last season, and will likely be campaigned with the aim of winning a gp1 at that distance, Rip Van Winkle would undoubtedly (imo) be a bigger force at 1m.
    Far from beating a ‘knackered’ Paco Boy (Who won a gp1 3 months later the previous season, and after 1 more race), RVW proved far too good for a horse that has always struggled to stay a 1m at the very top level, (despite his record in gp2’s and a soft gp1).
    RVW, already rated 5lbs superior to Paco Boy, and having 3 RPR’s higher than the latter has ever achieved, is also the more likely to improve, given their respective ages and number of races.
    As quite a few have already indicated, it would be surprising were Paco Boy to be much better than he’s already shown, and I would be amazed if he’s capable of winning any 1m race against proper top class opposition, at any time.

• Total Posts 1688

Paco Boy should be kept fresh for his next assignment – defending the Queen Anne title.

Nice win, not getting carried away yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

How exciting Paco Boy beat a horse who wouldn’t get a job as pacemaker for AOB. :roll:

• Total Posts 629

It’s my belief that ‘Paco’ was over the top come his race against ‘Rip’ – due to his season starting early and going to Dubai etc and taking in every engagement over the mile trip etc…

Races need spaces…

There is no better jock than RH at making a win look easier than it actually was!

• Total Posts 223

Looks like this beast has improved yet again, what a performance – he has literally cantered all over 115+ rated horses.

If that was a prep for Lockinge then thats the miling division sewed up this year because you quiet frankly have no chance against him.

Only tiredness or injury will get him beat over the mile.

Won as expected. Should have been 1/2. Don’t know why everyone is getting so excited. I can only assume these people didn’t know how good he was already. He was recieving 4 lbs from the 2nd horse Pressing – what else did you expect him to do?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Lovely, sweet return from Paco Boy: but if it comes up soft in the Lockinge I would not be surprised if Border Patrol at least got close to reversing the form.

He was clearly in need of the run, hated the ground, was going as well as the winner 2f out, and has blossomed magnificently as a fine stamp of a horse over the winter.

More to come.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

Impressive though Paco was he should have beat that lot as he liked which he did!!
    Come summer and we will see how good he is and whether he can cut it with the big boys or girls!!

P.S. He SHOULD have been twos on!!

andym88
    • Total Posts 12

I don’t know what this horse will have to do to convince some people! Won me money again and it couldn’t have been easier.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Now THAT was impressive…

Bring on a rematch with the Rip :)

Imagine Goldikova and these two boys, would be a race to savour!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve just been Tesco and have some humble pie here for "so called racing experts" who denied Paco Boys greatness.

I may set up a few tables outside the house provided with pies and forks given the number of people who should be attending.

What a performance, he has improved and will sweep everything this year.

Thank you for Evens, thank you for 4-5 and 8-11 – it’s been a healthy day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"Greatness"?! :?

He hasn’t achieved that yet Mr.W!

• Total Posts 1982

Now THAT was impressive…

Bring on a rematch with the Rip :)

Imagine Goldikova and these two boys, would be a race to savour!

Paco Boy has improved, but he was swept aside by Rip Van Winkle last year and if the Ballydoyle inmate gets a clear run this season (hard to train last year) then he is still the one to beat when they lock horns once again.

Goldikova is another matter, still. She hasn’t been beaten over eight furlongs since her defeat to Zarkava in May 2008. She’s eight-for-eight since that defeat.

Very good performace today and a joy to watch, but you expected that from him against a fairly mediocre bunch and the afforementioned duo will be represent a far stiffer test.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.