The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Paco Boy – Jesus Christ Almighty!

Home Forums Horse Racing Paco Boy – Jesus Christ Almighty!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Looks like this beast has improved yet again, what a performance – he has literally cantered all over 115+ rated horses.

If that was a prep for Lockinge then thats the miling division sewed up this year because you quiet frankly have no chance against him.

Only tiredness or injury will get him beat over the mile.

• Total Posts 1511

Rip Van Winkle 8) 8)

in fairness to Paco that was impressive. Hannon has the team firing early.

Looks a exciting 1mile older division with Zacinto and Delegator still to come into the mix.

Queen Anne could be a real cracker of a race as the QU2

• Total Posts 980

Impressive indeed.

For all the flack that Fallon gets, I thought that was a fine run from The Cheka too.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9224

He’ll be meeting horses slightly better than Pressing and The Cheka so, while impressive enough, didn’t tell us an awful lot other than he retains his ability.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Cormack in all fairness I dont think he’s retained his ability, just like Richard Hannon and his son have both said in the last few minutes; he has improved again.

Your comments seem like one whose trying to come to terms with the end of the jumps seasons by insulting other flat fans.

I really do think you’re the only one who could have tried to put a dampner on that.

Dont be offened by this post.

MRW

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

He will beat RVW..He has no doubt improved from last year.

• Total Posts 2184

What’s to say Rip Van Winkle hasn’t improved from 3 to 4?

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

May well have done….fair point. I’m such a big fan of Paco Boy which is why I make these rash statements… :D

• Total Posts 629

Is it at all possible that due to the 2nd – ‘Pressing’ & (with his form line from Turkey) to ‘Dream Eater’ (last years 2nd)
    Plus the added weight pull that Paco was in receipt of this year that it might be to soon to say for sure that he’s improved a massive amount?!

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

An over-reaction, imo.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Have you guys forgotten Goldikova best miler on the planet and not a mention here

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Paco Boy looked the nap of the day and thus it proved. I would have been most surprised ( and a liitle peeved ) had he not seen off this lot.

Stiffer tests await.

Oh, and Goldikova is the best miler on the planet. :wink: :P

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 1511

Of Course not but in reality she won’t be coming over.

She stick to France which is a pity

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Goldikova came over, and won, at the Newmarket July meeting last season.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9224

Mr W – I did say ‘while impressive enough’ so you could hardly say that I put a ‘dampener’ on it. Just because I don’t think he’s the next Hawk Wing (kidding btw) doesn’t mean I’m putting a dampener on it. I like Paco Boy and it was good to see he’s still a potent force, bodes well for a competitive division.

But, to put the run into context, Pressing is rated 118 on best ever RPR and Paco Boy prior to today was 127. That’s 9lbs. Plus the 4lbs he received from Pressing today means he had 13lbs in hand. That entitled PB to beat Pressing by somewhere in the region of six lengths today. He beat him by 3 and a bit lengths. Not saying it wasn’t a pleasing performance.

He was visually impressive but he’ll find things a lot hotter in the Group 1 mile races. I’m not saying he hasn’t improved, just that today’s result wouldn’t confirm that.

As for trainers and trainer’s son’s comments. The trainer is already talking about his ‘progeny’ so clearly one eye on the marketing of the prospective stallion.

Insulting flat fans?? As Grasshopper will testify I’m the archetypal ‘uber-flattie’! The jumps are just a warm up for the real thing!! As a matter of interest, what, in the holy name of God, could you possibly find ‘insulting’ about my post – it simply expressed my opinion.

• Total Posts 1511

That was a all Fillies race though Himself…

Not sure if Freddie will want to risk puting her in against the Boys and lose her way before the Breeders Cup.

Great to see her back though

Participant
    • Total Posts 32903

Paco Boy was encouraging today, but that’s as far as it goes. If RVW and Goldicova are as good as last year, then he needs to improve on last year. That’s not proven on today’s performance. Really looking forward to this season.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.