The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Owen Brennan

Home Forums Horse Racing Owen Brennan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    smithers271
    • Total Posts 6

I notice that Owen is retiring and would just like to say what a gentleman and a darn good trainer he was with horses such as speaker wetheril, strath royal ,vulrorys clown and many others.I for 1 wish him well and hopes he still stays near the game.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

seconded without reservation

His runners at Towcester were always worth following

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Strath Royal was a real favourite of mine from his yard.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Strath Royal was a real favourite of mine from his yard.

Ran in the first big race I saw live at my local track (Haydock) – the then Greenalls Grand National Trial. Remember the day well since we couldn’t see a thing due to the snow and sleet – Dom Samurai beat Nahthen Lad, Dun Belle and Earth Summit amongst others

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Was delighted to hear that Vulrory’s Clown is still enjoying retirement at the age of 31.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

What a grand old man Vulrory’s was, and is! Also had a soft spot for Invasion, who was a proper slowboat but regularly won his share around the aforementioned Towcester.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I love Vulrorys Clown, watched him in the flesh quite a few times at Rasen. I remember one day he unseated his rider & I assumed he’d just follow the field & jump the remaining fences as he probably knew his way round there backwards. Not him he avoided everyone which made me smile. Great to hear he’s still going.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.