The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Opening an account with WBX

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Opening an account with WBX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Just to get the free cash, I decided to open a new account with WBX and see how the site runs.

I had to;

1. Verify my age by allowing WBX check the Electoral Register.
    2. Verify my address by letting WBX send me a pin code by post.
    3. Verify my debit card by telling WBX the amount they sent to my card.

Now I’m all for security, but is this normal practice these days? I haven’t opened an account for years as all my accounts have been open ages – I was just surprised I had to do all of the above.

Mike

ps: Their new account bonus is £25 when you win/lose £25 (so I take it that means spend £25), £10 when you verify your address, and a further £10 for every £200 you spend during the first month. It’s safe to say I won’t be qualifying for the latter part of the bonus lol.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

It must be just for exchanges then because I didn’t have to jump through hoops when I opened by Boylesports account recently.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

It must be just for exchanges then because I didn’t have to jump through hoops when I opened by Boylesports account recently.

I agree David. My brother opened a Ladbrokes account recently and didn’t have to do any of what WBX did. He did use a credit card rather than a debit card however, and I think that in itself has some extra security attached to it so I’m told (though I don’t know what).

Mike

pod
    • Total Posts 41

Re: Credit Cards and Betting Accounts

MikkyMo73 – Unless he hasn’t already done so, suggest you might want to get your brother to check with his credit card company whether or not they treat such payments made to betting accounts as ‘cash advances’. For, like it or not, there are now a growing number of Visa Credit Cards (mine included) that are adopting this practice.

As a rule, credit card cash advances incur a fixed up front handling fee and a requirement that interest begins to accumulate from the date of the transaction rather than the normal practice of immediately after the monthly settlement date.

While, at the end of day, the amounts involved may only count for a couple of quid per transaction to be added to the bottom line of one’s monthly credit card bill. Subject to individual activity, the overall annual effect of using a credit card for such betting transactions could prove expensive.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Gambling Commision and the like it will be Mikky. Far more stringent on age restrictions and addiction than bookmakers used to be.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

As long as you don’t want more than a pony each-way or back more than one winner in a row, you’ll be fine :lol:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

As long as you don’t … back more than one winner in a row, you’ll be fine :lol:

One winner in a row – that’s a hot streak for me lately! I’m half hoping tomorrow’s racing will be rained off cos it will be my most successful in a while :shock: :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.