Open championship 2019

Home Forums General Sports Open championship 2019

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Grimes 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5355

The 1st 4 bets are ante post bets last 2 i added in last few days

XANDER SCHAUFFELE 50/1

He a guy for the biggest events 2nd in masters 3rd in PGA also 2nd last year in Open he a player who is able to perform when the bigger events come alone won a Tour Championship on debut to.Only worry i got for him a trip to Paris he had but apart from that everything in place for big run here.

BROOKS KOEPKA 22/1

After open last year could got 22/1 for him when you think what he done since in majors that price way to big then.Since then won back to back PGA Championships was 2nd 2nd in masters and 2nd in US open add to fact that caddie is a local here knows the course well know Koepka loves links golf to.

PATRICK CANTLAY 80/1

At start of year he a guy expected to go close in majors and has done that sneak into lead at masters on sunday but faded.Was 3rd in USPGA and also gone onto win Memorial open with final round 62.Can play well in links events 13th last year in open and shown form at Harbour town he one of the best golfers this year make big impact.

THOBJORN OLESEN 100/1

Thunderbear as pals call him and he a links lover who is coming back into form players from scandanavia love links events Stenson,Noren etc while not yet made big impacts on majors over last month or so form is coming back to suggest a good week on the cards.

DANNY WILLETT 100/1

Starting to finally show form on PGA tour and while the putter not behave yet way he is hitting the ball only a matter of time before starts contending again and that could be this week not forget did lead in the open in 2015 on the saturday finish 6th and could also be one for top english player to.

JAZZ JANEWATTANOUD 300/1

This been the best year seen by him has won 2 times in Asia and beat good fields to he left Casey,Garcia and Casey in his wake in Singapore and Korea open good field to.Took his form to higher level when 14th in us PGA but should be forgotten was 2nd in event for most of the time there.Jazzy j will arrive here in form of his life and at a price is worth well going for

Also Raymo and BigG there a pga event this week Barbasol championship see my bets there so no idea if you have a go on this

And good luck everyone else.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3078

A crazy feast of sport the last week or so. Last major to come

Koepka win @ 12’s ( AP )

Fowler @ 35/1
    Stenson @ 28/1
    Rose @ 20/1
    Justin Thomas @ 28/1

All EW 10 places

GL everyone :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 573

Iv had 5 bullets

Koepka to win

Schauffele
    Scott
    Kuchar
    Cabrera bello

All e/w 10 places

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 840

4 misguided bullets for me.

Patrick Cantlay (33/1)
    Matt Kuchar (40/1)
    Marc Leishman (66/1)
    Rory McIlroy (9/1)

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15442

Think I’ll bet two of this trio. I’ll just go with big prices on Exchange, and hope for free bet out of it.

If being sensible, it would be Cantlay to Ten Places, but not wanting to bet too many, so I’ll go with two of these…..

Cameron Smith 580’s
    Corey Connors 1000’s
    Erik Van Rooyen 160’s

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5355

Good luck guys

And Raymo and BigG left you guys a message in my sports bet thread to

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4420

Looks like you have nabbed the fancy prices on two that I fancy Darren :good: Well done mate :good:

I have four main bets and two speculative bets at big prices

B KOEPKA at 10/1
    P CANTLAY at 28/1
    J RAHM at 16/1
    W SIMPSON at 70/1

and the two outsides
    C REAVIE at 125/1
    A PAVAN at 250/1

I have backed all six of them on the exchange at obviously better prices but will be willing to lay em if they get appreciably shorter.

And I have backed Cantlay at 12/1 to be top yank and Rahm at 7/1 to be top European and Adam Scott top ROW at 11/2

I know that seems a lot but I may have a couple of other saver closer to Thursday. I am playing golf myself Thursday at 7.00 a.m. so will miss the early exchanges but good luck guys :good:
    Hopefully we can do as well as recently in the majors :good: :good:

Oh yes Darren will put my Barbasol bets up tomorrow

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5789

Last throw of the Majors dice for me, not been my best in them this year so here’s hoping.

Only had one ante post this year, he’s much the same price now, although I got the 10
    places at 50s and that’s gone.

Matt Wallace 50/1 (50/1 1st round leader market)

Really keen on the chances of Wallace in this. I said on Darren’s thread last week that I
    thought this could be a break through year for Wallace, and I’m hopeful it could be this
    week. Three wins last year, and although none so far this year he’s been knocking on the
    door. Runner up twice and T3 in the US PGA shows he can mix it on the big stage. Four good
    rounds in the 60s and a score of 17 under for T14 in the Scottish last time out should have
    him confidently ready for this.

All 3 below added this week.

John Rahm 16/1 (28/1 1st round leader market)

It’s hard to keep him out of the equation and it’s not hard to make a case for him
    T9 at the Masters, T3 in the US Open and winner of the Irish open last time out.
    Enough said.

Francesco Molinari 28/1 (35/1 1st round leader market)

He’s upped his game over the past couple of years or so, and he’s already a winner this
    year at the Arnold Palmer. T5 at the masters and T16 at the US Open this year, and as
    defending champion I don’t see why he shouldn’t be very much in the hunt come Sunday.

Sung-Jae Im 225/1 (110/1 1st round leader market)

I really like this young Korean, and although there’s no way of knowing whether he will
    take to links golf over here, if he does then he has a really solid game. In particular
    he’s a decent scrambler around the greens, and that’s going to be essential here. Regularly
    in the top 20s and 5 top 10s this year. I think he could surprise a few.

I’ll stick with those 4, and if all goes pair shaped by half way then I’ll have a rethink.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2507

As per the other majors this season, stuck to my points system. Currently well up this season on the golf thanks to Koepka being awesome.

I’ve done:
    Koepka @ 11/1 – 4 points E/W
    Cantlay @ 25/1 – 2 points E/W
    Scott @ 28/1 – 1.5 pt E/W
    Fowler @ 40/1 – 1.5 pt E/W
    Kuchar @ 33/1 – 1 pt E/W
    DeChambeau @ 45/1 – 1 pt E/W
    Reavie @ 125/1 – 1 pt E/W

All 7 are each way bets at 10-places

Good luck all

Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

Here we go again! Here’s my picks Gents, all e/w to 10 places;

Cupcake – 11/1
    Scott – 25/1
    Cantlay – 25/1
    Xander – 25/1
    Leishmann – 55/1

Can’t get my head around Rory being shorter than Cupcake! Cupcake still massively underrated by the market for my money. If Rory or Tiger had won 4 of the last 9 majors, they’be 3/1!

Good luck all, hopefully the Brits go well but just couldn’t see any value in any of them, would love Rosie to do it.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1805

My guesses, i won’t lie im not massively into Golf, but as it’s at one of my locals i’m interested!!

Koepka 11/1 win.

Cantlay 25/1 e/w 10 places

Wallace 50/1 e/w 8 places Might follow BigG in on the first round leader bet too.

Streelman 250/1 e/w 10 places

Best of luck all. :good: :good: :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1850

Koepka – imagine calling him ‘cupcake’, you sh*thouses ! – seems to me like a walking metronome ; Tiger too, but with a rare touch of genius/finesse. I’ve done both, but would be a shade more confident – or, rather, less UNconfdent – of Copacabanacake’s chance. :mail:

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1850

For an each way, I think I’ll do Schauffele.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1020

Koepka 11-1 and Stenson 28-1 ew 8 places for me for a bit of interest.
    :bye:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5789

I see before Molinari has hit a ball that Betvictor have him out to 40/1 outright and
    40/1 1st round leader. I’ve topped up on my original Molinari bet at 28s o/r and 35/1
    1st round leader. I hope he can get off to a flyer :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.