The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

onTarget Trends

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

https://theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin … opic=10133

to be continued………………

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Next race we’ll examine will be the Peter Marsh chase.

Meantime, if anyone wants a copy of the spreadsheet with the raw data for the King George send me a pm with your email address. <br>

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi cormack

I am still studying the Hennessey.  I want to establish a definite method of sifting, sorting and assigning an overall rating to the data.  With the ultimate aim of creating a computer program that will automatically generate a Race Trend Ratings.

Whilst pouring over the data, it has occured to me that I only want to consider races run at Newbury (for the Hennessey) Also I want to disregard horses that are pulled up.  (including it if it was PU 2out without a mishap)

My logic for this is that any horse that is PU has not been found wanting by the RACE, it is more likely to have had no chance of winning (eg 50/1) or has met with mishap etc.

Again I think the data should be split by Going.<br>Very Soft/Heavy——————-everything else.

My method gives a rough & useful rating quickly.  With further attention, in other words, revisiting the data and trying to apply Impact Values will ultimately refine the end product rating greatly.

byefrom<br>carlisle

ps please give your comments.<br>pps It’s very encouraging that State Of Play was such a standout Trend selection.

<br>

(Edited by carlisle at 7:52 pm on Jan. 15, 2007)

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

"I will get to you later big boy".

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.