The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Online payout times

Home Forums Horse Racing Online payout times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Most bookmakers seem to operate a ‘first past the post’ policy these days, and as such you can generally collect any returns from bets placed in a shop within a couple of minutes of the race finishing. Indeed this appears to be the case with Betdirect and VCBet online, who settle their bets almost immediately – even Hills have improved dramatically in recent months.

However, why do the likes of Ladbrokes and Coral still take so long to settle bets online? I can’t count the number of times it has taken them more than 20-30 minutes to settle a bet, and it has, in the case of the former, sometimes stretched into hours.

Am I just unlucky, or is it considered ‘the standard’ for the above two?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

I’ve had to wait 18 hours for a college football bet to be settled with Ladbrokes before LGR. The waits with them really don’t surprise me.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I had a three-hour wait for a payout on a televised Grand Prix with BetFair.

And they didn’t payout on Ferrari until after the last GP of the season, despite McLaren having been lobbed out the championship – and declined the option of appeal – some weeks earlier.

I’ve never had a payout on the horses.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8967

Quote – "I’ve never had a payout on the horses"

lol

Perhaps you need to try a switch of codes GH.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

There are no other codes, Corm :wink:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Definately sped up since my betting shop days. If you had a big lift it took Hills 3 or 4 days to pay you out. To be fair to them they would let you bet on the strength of any money they owed you so it was no big deal…….all so different now with high speed computer systems etc. but I suppose human error can still cause hold ups.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Definately sped up since my betting shop days. If you had a big lift it took Hills 3 or 4 days to pay you out. To be fair to them they would let you bet on the strength of any money they owed you so it was no big deal…….all so different now with high speed computer systems etc. but I suppose human error can still cause hold ups.

By a big lift I assume you mean £2,000+. That’s normally pretty big for a betting shop. The reason they don’t keep so much cash on site is due to security risks – robbery etc.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Corals for me are very consistent…….Always at least 15-25 mins wait.It’s really annoying. I assumed this was the norm but obviously not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.