The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oh So Sharp 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oh So Sharp 2009

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Looks a pretty open renewal. Bella Swan was unlucky last time in stumbling and then going for a daring/unwise run up the rails. She is obviously a good bit better than that bare form and at 16/1 (Stan James were briefly 18/1 last night) looks fair each-way value. Admitedly jockey is a big negative but I would sooner have him on a 16/1 shot than a favourite.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I was looking at this race last night because a friend told me Sweet Sonnet will not be beaten

So I looked at Bella Swan myself Stilvi but my worry is she doesn’t find much when the tap is turned on. She beat Water Buscuit who is a bit of a madam but manged to win next time outso the form isn’t the worst.

Must have a chance but Sir Michael’s will have improved bundles since her last run and just has to go close.

However her form was let down by the second so an EW on yours does look a wiser bet but I’ll have a few quid on Sweet Sonnet is I don’t think I could stand the flak isf she wins and I’m not on.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Winner always in control. Bella Swan woefully one-paced although I wouldn’t have backed her if I had known there were only going to be 7 runners.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

What a sweetheart! Looks a filly will loads of character.

Not very big, so you have to question how much improvement there is to come, but you can’t question her attitude and she is obviously very talented.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.