The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

O’Brien / Rebranding racing and paltry fines

Home Forums Horse Racing O’Brien / Rebranding racing and paltry fines

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9098

It’s his attention to detail that makes him the great trainer that he is. I do think, however that, in all walks of life it’s important to think about the wider picture and be considerate towards other people. No matter how important someone is, they should always remember that. Yesterday, seemed like, what my partner informs me is called ‘professionalism’. I’m not saying that it was, it just ‘felt’ that way.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Presumably you feel the same way about Gosden?

Yes I do and countless other trainers who revert to, how shall I put it "gamesmanship" – but this particular thread was about O’Brien.

Has he done this before? No…..of course he knew the rules on this matter, its pretty standard. He obviously got delayed saddling the horses up…..he apologied to the stewards….what more do you want?

What more do I want?

What I would like is tougher penalties which act as a deterrent to

all

trainers.

And rather than making assumptions (with no basis) perhaps you should get the transcripts…..make sure you get Gosdens too at the same time.

I was not making any assumption, I was just openly wondering what his defence was.

Anyway I would suggest if I did make such an assumption there would be grounds for doing so as he has used a similar "defence" before.

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

Alan lee has his say

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 450992.ece

No no real defence for this and lets hope it doesnt happen again. Paddock watching is a big part of the experience for me and many others

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Again, cannot complain about anything he has said. But a shame Gosden was not mentioned for the very same offence.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

He’s not bitter is he good old Alan Lee, who every year without fail turns himself from racing journalist of the year material into Dave Yeats Part II.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9199

He (Alan Lee) is saying the same thing as me, only he puts it much more eloquently!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9098

I’m not trying to make too much of an excuse for John Gosden [and to be honest I haven’t seen last Fridays racing properly yet], but someone on ceefax/teletext said that Rainbow View was attempting to decapitate her groom before the race! Perhaps the paddock was not the best place for her to be, for her own sake and the other horses, not to mention innocent paddock watchers!

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

He (Alan Lee) is saying the same thing as me, only he puts it much more eloquently!

Unlike Alan Lee, you made your point (a valid one) without descending to insults David.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Paul Nicholls had 4 in the Gold Cup and they got in the paddock ok.

Also Martin Pipe had 10 in the 2001 National and they got in.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Paul Nicholls had 4 in the Gold Cup and they got in the paddock ok.

Also Martin Pipe had 10 in the 2001 National and they got in.

And O’Brien has had 8 in the Derby previously and they all got in ok, he has had multiple entries in many races with no delay…a once off on Saturday but serious jumping on the bandwagons here and elsewhere.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

And O’Brien has had 8 in the Derby previously and they all got in ok, he has had multiple entries in many races with no delay…a once off on Saturday but serious jumping on the bandwagons here and elsewhere.

Some racing hacks are as regular as menstruating women this time of year, Aidan. Abatement usually commences ’round Glorious time. 8)

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

Punsihment for trainers and jockeys are pathetic.

Little more than a slap on the wrist.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Punsihment for trainers and jockeys are pathetic.

Little more than a slap on the wrist.

The punishment wasn’t for running two year olds over 7 furlongs in May, Tom, in case you’d got confused.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

From todays RP – The Dikler’s Column

“The BHA’s harsh words towards yesterdays hero Aidan O’Brien following the pre-Derby paddock scandal have come back to haunt racing’s rulers. After Epsom racegoers were left frustrated by the Ballydoyle maestro’s failure to bring his six Derby runners into the parade ring until after the bell sounded for jockeys to mount, the BHA through its stewards, fined him £840 and voiced unhappiness at his “disappointing” rule break.
    But strangely there has so far been silence from the BHA over the £140 fine handed out to Jeremy Noseda following the late arrival of his subsequent Royal Hunt Cup winner Forgotten Voice.
    The Dikler wonders if BHA chairman Paul Roy, who owns Forgotten Voice, found time amid the celebrations to reprimand Noseda for his misdemeanour.
    The Dikler also questions whether John Gosden is in need of a new timepiece. The trainer was punished after Rainbow View was late into the paddock for the Oaks. However, the lesson was not learned as Gosden was fined £820 on Wednesday when Cadre and Wajaha both turned up late”

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Funny thing if you watch american racing there is none of this nonsense about time. Every horse is saddled and ready to go into the ring in the correct order.See the Breeders Cup or the Kentucky Derby ; the whole mess at Epsom is a disregard for the public. Any wonder the people quit going racing.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Funny thing if you watch american racing there is none of this nonsense about time. Every horse is saddled and ready to go into the ring in the correct order.See the Breeders Cup or the Kentucky Derby ; the whole mess at Epsom is a disregard for the public. Any wonder the people quit going racing.

Andy

For all its faults I would much rather have the racing we have over her than the souless numbers game you have in the States.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

I really don’t see what that has to do with the point andyod made.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.