The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2020

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Dettori and Gosden said they would have been a good second to Love if she handled the course, which she didn’t. They added they wouldn’t have beaten the winner.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9962

:good: Thanks Graham, hoping her half sister runs as well tomorrow in France. I won”t sleep tonight Lol :good:
    By the way You’re having a pretty good day yourself :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1776

Frankly darling lugged to the right against the camber the hole way down the straight which has cost her second

But that was seriously impressive

Well done anyone who backed her, especially anyone on at decent ante post prices

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 640

Just a wow. Looks a totally uncomplicated filly. She was still motoring at the end. The second ran well and frankly darling never looked likely from well out. Not sure the camber made much difference just that the winner just different gravy. Enable love and magical in the arc. Sounds like a brilliant race already.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 103

Regarding Love and the Arc I’d be wary as they’ve kept Magical in training presumably for another crack at it, I seem to remember they had a similar predicament with Found when she won the Arc and Minding being the up and comer, sadly we never got to see what Minding could do in that regard as injury curtailed her 4 year old season early. No reason they both can’t run but Minding and Found were split up at the end of that season and I just wonder if they did that because Found had a torrid time there as a 3 year old and they might think its a race more suitable for a maturer filly/mare. She was very impressive yesterday and I suspect Frankly Darling on a more galloping track and Ennistymon in a weaker Group 1 will both show the form to be very good in time.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

I have to stop questioning Love it seems!

The Arc has to be the target now. They can throw both Magical and Love at the Arc. I’d say Magical will need to have improved a good bit to hold back Love in an Arc. Even on just RPRs Magical’s best ever is 123, Love ran to 121 yesterday.

If she keeps the wheels on I struggle to even see the great Enable beat Love. The progressive 3yo with the weight allowance vs the 6yo Enable.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Magical will likely go to Ascot back end.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

Very, very impressive and well done winners. It really wouldnt surprise me if they go for the triple crown. I know she is a filly but that on the breeding CV would be untouchable. She could even win the triumph hurdle (I joke!) the way she goes through and finishes her races.

Well played all. What initially seemed a three way battle, she won in an absolute procession.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 420

Angus McNae has just been on RTV talking about her performance. The time she ran for the last 7 furlongs was exceptional. She would ha e won the Derby if she had been in it, no question.

If she was mine she would go for the King George in this unusual season. It did not do Enable any harm at the same age.

Love would win the King George anyway but in receipt of the generous allowance she would be a certainty.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 972

Yeah well I definitely called that wrong!! Annoyed after backing her in the Guineas then deserting her, but that was pretty special. Well done backers. I won’t back FD again actually she looks a complicated ride. Don’t like those horses. I was wrong there!!

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.